Honored Contributor

Hello my recipe friends, 'tis the season for a delicious bowl of soup!  Here are 76 (yes 76!) yummy recipes from Taste of Home via our friend @RespectLife :

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/contest-winning-soup-recipes/

I call dibs on the bratwurst one and the sweet potato crab bisque . . . Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

This is the time of year I make my version of vegetable soup (I'm told it's kinda like stew).

I use filet mignon, but my 'secret' ingredient is Spatini.  I now have to order it from Amazon and a place called Old Country Store or something.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I remember Spatini!  I'm surprised you found it, as I looked for it a few years ago and couldn't find it anywhere.  Thanks for the tip.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe I think I'm going to make that sweet potato and crab soup.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp  I like getting mine at Vermont Country Store buy I googled it and Amazon (of course) sells it too.

OK, so here's the thing about Spatini...you will have to order a very large package of it.

Remember in the stores it came in a box of 3 small packages?  Well, no more.  One package is enough (even if you made it once a week) enough for probably maybe even 8 or more months.  

Probably just buy one package.  I buy several at a time because when I cook (which isn't often anymore) I put it in everything (i.e. meatloaf, spaghetti sauce for lasagna and spaghetti and other things with a red sauce).

I'm not a great cook, but I get by.  My girls and I like the spaghetti and lasagna I make.  I always made/make simple food.

My late husband would eat anything I put in front of him.

Quick story...(it's about food).  So when we first moved into this house (in the 70's) I'd seldom used a microwave.  Well this house has a built in microwave (thank goodness), so...(where was I)....so I decided to make spaghetti (and use the microwave for the noodles)....can you see where this is going?  

So, I made the sauce...ummm...it was smelling wonderful...my girls were very young so they mainly ate the noodles...

I put the uncooked noodles in the microwave in lots of water....waiting...waiting..(I think my husband actually was sitting at the table as if that would make those noodles cook faster.

OK, I heard the ding of the microwave...waitiing...waiting...I opened the microwave and pulled out....are you ready?

The biggest @#$% noodle you've ever seen in your life (hey!  I put the entire box of noodles in there)....

I was crying...I'd messed up the meal.  The babies started crying (mom is sad).  My sweet husband said, "Wait!  I'll eat it".

So I cut off some of the noodel from Hell and put it on his plate with some sauce over it....

The poor man had a hard time cutting off a piece of the noodle...hummm???? I wonder why?

He put a big piece of noodle in his mouth and suddenly he jumped up out of the chair and ran into the kitchen sink!

I'm like, "What's wrong?  Are you OK?"  He mumbled something....more like @#$% I'm saying to him.."What?  What's wrong".  

Then I see him reach into his mouth with his finger and pried out a huge ball of something!  

Wait!  What?  What was that?  He didn't say a word but ran in and brushed his teeth...

He came out of the bathroom laughing like crazy!

I said, "What was that?"  He said, "It was your freaking noodle from 'Hell'.  It was half cooked so it stuck to my teeth and when I tried to swallow it, it stuck in my mouth and down my throat.  You almost killed me by way of the biggest noodle in the world!  I almost choked to death".

I went over and gave him a hug, "I'm so sorry.  I'll never cook a noodle in the microwave again".

And I never did cook noodles in my microwave ever again!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  my friend . . . you gotta get you one of those Fasta Pasta's my friend . . . microwave noodles in minutes done to perfection but of course now I need to look up spatini!  Smiley Very Happy

I haven't been around as much these days, how is Bill my beloved cat doing?  Heart

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  my friend . . . you gotta get you one of those Fasta Pasta's my friend . . . microwave noodles in minutes done to perfection but of course now I need to look up spatini!  Smiley Very Happy

I haven't been around as much these days, how is Bill my beloved cat doing?  Heart

Another vote for Fasta Pasta. You would think it wouldn't work, but the pasta comes out perfect every time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I wrote it down.  I promise I'll look into it.

I really don't cook much because I eat lunch out every day with a friend and then I don't want much dinner.

It keeps adding to my girth.  I put weight on my belly.  But I have a huge hernia so it looks like I have the alien in there.

When I lay down there's the huge lump that sticks way out.  I asked my Dr about it and he said, "Let's get the back a little less pain then you can work on that".

I asked him if that's what's wrong with my back?  He said, "I wish it were that easy.  What part of you actually broke your back 2 times do you not understand?"

Hump!  

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Another vote for Fasta Pasta. You would think it wouldn't work, but the pasta comes out perfect every time.

@momtochloe @QVCkitty1 @Annabellethecat66 , I agree. Fasta Pasta is one of the best products I have from QVC. Cooking pasta was becoming dangerous for me. That is all I use now. I have back ups.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks @momtochloe  for posting this!

I found several new and different soups!  You beat me to the crab one!  LOL

I have never had a 'fruit' soup, but I will try anything once....I can't remember the exact name from the link but it was made w/ Pears!

I also liked the Wedding Soup made with a Southwest flare!

@tiny 2 

I have a back up Fasta Pasta too!  My DD uses it all the time...she didn't know there was any other way you were supposed to cook pasta!   LOL   She did NOT receive my love of cooking gene!