Respected Contributor
Marinated rump roast. It was not quite as tender after roasting as I had hoped but since I was precooking for next day I did not panic. I put in crockpot for hour or so before serving (sliced) snd it was definitely more tender.
I should mention. The butcher showed me where the bottom round snd rump were on the roast. I think they are interchangeable. Happy cooking!
Honored Contributor

That's OK.   You can't tell a tender piece of meat just by looking at it.   (I've had name-brand turkeys that were like shoe leather).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My mother use to make Sauerbraten but we called it by a Czech name.  She would pickle the beef for several days.  My mother always told me to cook your roasts at a lower temperature for 3 or more hours.  Say 325 for 3 hours. Anyway, it was a real treat when my mother made this dish and then she made homemade bread dumplings to go along with it.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

DH and I love it when it's done the way we had it at a restaurant in Syracuse that is no longer in business. We found their recipe and tried it w/o the use of a pressure cooker which their recipe called for. Was pretty close to the way we remember. Serve with red cabbage and fried wide noodles with the gravy it makes. Yum. 

Honored Contributor

We had an amazing restaurant here that served spaetzle and red cabbage with sauerbraten.  Yum!