Honored Contributor

Knock on my wooden head, but they are saying we are in for some great weather the rest of this week...maybe even near 80 on Monday!

Figures, I am back to work.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @tiny 2 

Thanks for asking about my brother.  He is in assisted living but I'm kind of concerned with the isolation at the facility that he may be heading to a nursing home.  He is terribly depressed as of course, they are on lock down as well.  No visitors, can't go to the window and visit that way, and they aren't even letting the residents eat together in the dining hall.  The only people in and out are the staff.  We have a friend at our church who lives in a different assisted living facility on the opposite side of town.   They are able to visit with each other and eat together in their dining hall.  No one but the staff in and out there.  If the residents choose to leave the facility, they have to go on a 14 day lock down in their apartment.  Sounds a lot more civil to me and less like prison.  I think what is happening to my brother is heartless.  His facility has 3 courtyards where the staff could arrange social distancing and allow the residents to get outside and visit with each other once or twice a day weather permitting.  I think it would greatly help with the isolation they all are feeling.  If it were up to me, I would be having a fit but my SIL only gripes to anyone who will listen, not to the people who could make the changes.  He has no phone or computer so no calls, no skype, nothing.  Once in awhile, one of the staff will call my SIL and let him talk for a few minutes but they are not suppose to do that.  Bless them for having a heart and taking a chance.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife 

Send me Eddy's address!   I would love to send him a card.   I still get thrilled to see a card in my mailbox instead of advertisements and political stuff all the time.  I'm sure he would get a kick out of getting real mail.  I don't go to the store often - usually just Aldi's but I do plan on going back to Dollar Tree since i found rubbing alcohol there last week when I went.  Would like to snag a few more bottles since they were a tad smaller than the size I usually buy at Walmart or a grocery store.  I can pick up some cards there.

I'm glad I am not the only one who just heard of Take out Tuesdays.   I have found it kind of strange that I was getting advertisements from Applebee's on Tuesdays but never put it all together.  We just don't eat out on Tuesdays so I usually don't even open the emails.  I bet that is why I have been getting them.  Give me enough time and I finally will catch on or up or whatever....... 

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady 

that is just so sad.  My heart aches for him, SIL and you too!  I know that would have been devasting for my mom, she SO enjoyed the company.  They always wheeled the ladies together to watch TV, have events etc.  They ate together in their units 'restaurant'.

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady 

Thank you!  I will send it!

Eddy would love to get mail!  He will feel so special!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thankful Thursday to one and all and for which I am ever so thankful for your friendships . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

I am so thankful for the wonderful weather we are having!  More yet to come!

I am ever so blessed that we have all stayed healthy and that we can see the end is near.  (maybe not in some states yet)

While the new normal may be 'abbynormal' (stolen from Young Frankenstein), I have faith that we will all move forward being smarter for future crisis such as this.

I have learned so much about myself during this shut down, was given patience I usually don't have and realized I can survive retirement someday!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife 

Patience?  Prep for retirement?

My dear, I don't mind this virus lockdown at all and do like  retirement completely.  After a lifetime of being at the beck and call of other people.................I'm happy to be left alone!!

Retired people (if they're like me) resent having to be somewhere for an appointment or other reasons these days. 

Yesterday, I had to get up, take a shower and go to a doctor's appointment-- and thought this was a major imposition.

Sometimes, now, I wonder how I survived my working years.  No wish to turn back the hands of time.  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Saturday my friends . . . Heart