Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

Awwwwwwwwww, that is so sweet!

Chili, 

With everything that is going on in the world, I find cozy pictures like this one to be comforting for some reason.  Maybe it reminds me of when I was a small child when my mother used to read to me.  How I miss those simpler times.

Pin on Beatrix Potter

@Writer with Flair 

@ChiliPepper 

This photo reminds me of Aunt Ruthies Sugar Pie Farmhouse blog!  I love taking her virtual tours of her Ozark Mountain home near Branson, MO.  Her baking pantry is my favorite.  If you have some quiet time to browse and snoop around her blog, you will find all kinds of retro recipes to uplifting messages, and those tours of her home!   Great way to fall asleep with great, warm, homey feelings or to just be in touch with a gentler time.  

http://www.sugarpiefarmhouse.com/

Mustang,

Thanks for sharing this charming site. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

No visitation allowed here either @tiny 2 

Not even outside their windows!  Phone or electronic type things only.

Our friend was just transferred out of a nice facility to kinda a dump.  They had high cases in his place.

They tested everyone.  All negatives had to leave to a new location.  Not sure if he will be stuck there permanently (he is on state aide) or if he will be able to return to the nicer one.  It is REALLY far for us to visit this new one, but sadly, won't for a very long time to come.  Too dangerous IMHO at the facilities.

I sent him cards every week since I don't skye or any of that stuff.

Poor Eddy!  He is a ppl person and so lonely.  Has no family at all.  Grew up in an orphanage, never married etc.  Praise the Lord, he is healthy (in his mid 80's)

Hey, just a thought...if anyone wants to mail him a happy card....email me for his address!

Respect,

I'd like to send Eddy a card as well.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Mtc,

Thanks for always sending out such sweet postings.  I surely appreciate them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mustang,

I am so sorry to hear that Brother Mustang is so isolated.  That other place  you know of sounds a lot better.  Mr. Writer and I will pray that things improve for him--one way or another. 

For people who are extroverted, isolation can be almost unbearable.

We have a friend that we have known for many years who is in a nursing home in California.  He was diagnosed as being bi-polar and lost his professional job, possessions, money, and friends.  His elderly dad and stepmom are the only family members who are in touch with him.  We are his only remaining friends.   We call him often and send him cards and little "care packages" from time to time.

When we speak to him over the phone, we try to keep things light and tell him jokes and funny stories.  

Fortunately, the place where our friend lives is clean and very well-managed.  The people who care for him are kind and compassionate and the food is very good.   All in all, it is a good place to be for a person in his situation.

In addition to his mental illness, he suffered a broken leg and colon cancer.  Unfortunately, he probably will have to be there for the rest of his life.

He was a brilliant engineer and had a great career.  All that changed over the course of a few years.  Fortunately, he has a strong faith.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . . Heart

Souper Sunday » University Vineyard Church, Fresno, CA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning!

Blessed Sunday!

still working outside trying to correct the horrible lawn that was put in for us when we built. I should say...the lousy lawn we spent a fortune on! Lol it didn't come with the house.

Ruts, huge bald areas, ugliest lawn we have ever had. So to save, we foolishly are doing it ourselves.

Can anyone tell me why we bought 2.6 acres?

My aching back!

My main task today is to find that bottle of Aleve!

@Writer with Flair 

Did you email me so I can send you Eddy's address?

I never got a chance to check my emails or anything yesty! 

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone

I hope everyone is relaxing this holiday weekend.  Luckily the weather isn't too great here, so no one is missing the annual pool opening too much.

Northern Virginia is not open yet, which is fine by me as I'm saving tons of money and enjoying being home alone and not having to interact with people ;o)

I am still working from home and will be for the foreseeable future and am just as busy.  What should have been a quiet week last week was nothing but.  This week will be a 3 day week for us because we are off on Monday and Friday so it will be crazy trying to pack 5 days worth of work into 3.

I have gone in 3 times so far and will go in again on Tuesday to help with our new hires and to work on pulling files for a business sale.  I'm hoping to finish on Tuesday and not have to go back in again any time soon.  I saw a few work friends in the office.  It was nice to see them.  We're all running in periodically to process mail and things like that.

In family news, my niece is expecting a baby in November (and I suspect there will be a lot of babies later this year!), so that's exciting.  My nephew's baby is supposed to be christened next month but I don't see that happening as a family event.  As it is, she no longer fits in the christening outfit at 7 months.  I don't know if Virginia or Long Island will be fully opened by then and whether they can have a church service and a celebration in a venue.  I don't know if I want to travel by car and stay in a hotel yet, although it would be nice to go to the beach.  I'm leaning toward no right now.  I'm not even ready to go to a salon yet.

With so many people struggling on so many different fronts, my family is very blessed right now with only good news all around and making the most of the situation.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team!

Happy, Happy Sunny Sunday!

Quiet around here today, I need to get the lawn mowed.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, I hope you all have a blessed and restful Memorial Day . . . Heart

Happy Memorial Day Memes For Facebook, Funny Pictures 2019 ...

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @momtochloe  for the beautiful reminder of why this day exists.  With Covid, I think we all are experiencing a little less freedom than what we are used to and are coming to realize how important it is to us.   For me, it exemplifies  what these soldiers gave their lives for and their selflessness.  Yes we must ALWAYS REMEMBER and NEVER FORGET.  Heart