Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Happy Monday!

I'm so late getting here today.  I was wiped from the last few days and slept in.  Trying to get my house pulled back together but haven't gotten it all done just yet.  I bought 2 hyacinth's at Aldi's last week for 3.99 each.  Each pot has 3 or 4 bulbs planted and while both pots had buds ready to bloom, I could not tell what color they would be.  Both pots started blooming Friday and were beautiful by yesterday.  One of them is a yellow hyacinth and I have to admit, I don't think I have ever seen a yellow one before.   I have pink, white, and purple ones that I have planted so this was a sweet surprise.   The other pot turned out a soft, light pink and the fragrance is wonderful.  

@ChiliPepper 

Your O.G. dinner with Chili Jr. sounds wonderful!  I was so exhausted after yesterday.   I did tell DH that I think we are going to have to start catering part of our dinners or make reservations!   

@ChiliPepper 

@momtochloe 

I recognized about half the gang on Worst Cooks last evening.  I kept waiting for one of those comedians to bring up the bat to the knee thing with Tonya but everyone may have been warned.   Have to say, I would like to see her go-have never been favorably impressed with her sportsmanship and I thought her lack of it showed last evening but maybe I'm just sensitive to it.  And I always think the people that get eliminated at the Worst Cooks-they are the ones that need to be staying!  Cast off the best of the Worst!  I sure wish they all had one week's grace from being sent off, too.

Morgan Fairchild did look good.  Maybe a tad heavier but most of us are.  I thought it was sweet when the Lipnicki kid thanked her for helping him as he was so overwhelmed with it all.   

@momtochloe 

Those carrots were really good.  I do think when I make them again, I will cut back a tad on the brown sugar.  The carrots were sweet enough that I don't think they needed as much sweetness added.   I roasted them in the oven on Saturday, then finished them on top of the stove in a skillet with the sauce.  I was really happy with them that way.   And we also fixed 3 lbs of asparagus -DH grilled them on the grill as my burners and oven were tied up.  The ham I fixed as per Carlsbad Cravings on Saturday in the oven.  Sunday morning, DH put it in a large iron skillet and warmed it in the smoker with a light smoke.  Again, done that way as my oven was tied up with cheesy potatoes and Katie Lee's cheesy garlic biscuits.   

And yes, I was happy to get that frog out of that geo mesh-not sure he could have gotten out by himself.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thunderstorms Tuesday my friends . . . .:Rain umbrella animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

Good morning mtc!!!

Happy Thunderstorm Tuesday (not here yet) to you too my Friend LOL!

What are you up to today?

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning/afternoon K-Team!

No storms here yet but on the docket for this evening late.  Right now, cloudy and 30 degrees cooler than yesterday.  Our high yesterday was 87.

Nothing special going on today; still working to put things back in order from Sunday as I was a total wipeout yesterday.  

Has anyone been to Aldi's this week?   I didn't get an ad last week as I left the store about what is the specials this week.  Guess I will have to go online to get a heads up.  We usually get a mailer on Monday with the Aldi's ad in it but it wasn't in the plethora of fast food coupons and oil change offers in yesterdays offering.  On a sad note, our Steak and Shake just up and closed!   Always thought they were a busy place but according to what has been on the news, the parent company is doing this to a lot of the stores, offering them up as franchises.  Several have closed in St. Louis but didn't think our store would be on that list.   There are only 3 in a fairly large area here, encompassing several towns.   What I have heard on the news, the parent company is offering them for a 10,000.00 dollar buy in and after awhile, it will be your store.  If we were a tad younger........   

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody!

No rain on me yet...but they say it is coming later tonight.

@mustang66lady 

@momtochloe  and I get our Aldi's ad's emailed to us.  We get to see them earlier too!

Lots more outdoor/garden stuff this week.  I sent DH on Monday since they were closed for Easter.

Hey...did the other box of the Traeger come?  Have you tried it yet?

Our cheapo Aldi's ham was fantastic in the smoker...best one yet!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife 

I usually get an ad sent to the house as well; usually get it on Mondays but sometimes it comes on Wednesday when the other sale ads come.  Problem with coming on Wednesday, our mail doesn't come until after 3 p.m.-sometimes as late as 6.  At our Aldi's stores (even the one I didn't like!) they have a stand as you come in the store, with an ad of that week's specials.   As you leave the store, there is another stand that most times, holds the ad for the following week but I guess some weeks they don't receive them in time to put them out by Wednesday morning or they just haven't gotten them unpacked yet.    Since my ad didn't come in the mail yesterday, I am going to look online to see what is offered.  Of course, there is always the possibility an ad will come today but more likely will come tomorrow since it didn't come yesty.  

The second Traeger box came late yesterday afternoon.  The UPS truck backed all the way up to the garage and left it there.  Weighing approx. 80lbs, it just sat there until DH got home!   It was so long that the regular dolly wasn't much help in moving the box.  DH got it to the steps and while he lifted, I pushed.  We finally to it to the porch where I suggested we open it to see if there was anything we could unload to help make it lighter to maneuver into the house.  There may have been about 10 lbs of stuff we could remove which helped some.  It is now stitting in my formal living room!  DH will unpack it this weekend- I think!  I know he wants to powerwash the deck and then it needs to be painted so there is a possibility that it may stay in the living room for awhile.  There is at least 2 more weeks of football so getting that deck powerwashed and painted is not looking too good unless DH takes a few days off.  Will have to see how it all plays out.

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

Happy Monday!

I'm so late getting here today.  I was wiped from the last few days and slept in.  Trying to get my house pulled back together but haven't gotten it all done just yet.  I bought 2 hyacinth's at Aldi's last week for 3.99 each.  Each pot has 3 or 4 bulbs planted and while both pots had buds ready to bloom, I could not tell what color they would be.  Both pots started blooming Friday and were beautiful by yesterday.  One of them is a yellow hyacinth and I have to admit, I don't think I have ever seen a yellow one before.   I have pink, white, and purple ones that I have planted so this was a sweet surprise.   The other pot turned out a soft, light pink and the fragrance is wonderful.  

@mustang66lady 

I LOVE hyacinths!!!

They smell soooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!

One of my favs!!!

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Dear Tiny,

Keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

@Writer with Flair@mustang66lady @momtochloe @ChiliPepper @RespectLife @VaBelle35   Thank you so much. He had a good week last week until Thursday. I think the heavy pollen may have exacerbated the situation. We had to go up on the O2 and have had to increase it again yesterday.

A couple of nights ago we had terrible storms and there were power failures off and on all through the night so I stayed with the oxygen concentrator to reset it each time. Last night I just could not sleep even a little until about 5 am so I am probably not going to get much accomplished today.

Dear tiny 2,

I am so sorry to hear that you had to stay up all night because of the power failures.  I hope you were able to get a nap during the day.  Take care, my friend.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@VaBelle35 

I hope you do have something special to do on your birthday.  It's our middle DD's 30th birthday.   She will be with her boyfriend at his grandparents upstate for Easter.  We are taking them out to eat the following weekend for her celebration.  

Overall my dentist experience wasn't awful-just long.  Almost 3 hours.   I broke the crown on my bridge and the only way  to fix it is to put in a new bridge.  Today was cutting out the old and getting fitted for a temporary, complete with warnings that with the removal and grinding, I may end up needing root canals on one or both of the two teeth it attaches to.  So pray that I don't experience pain that doesn't go away......

Did you use Ojon before you became a Wen girl?  I caved and ordered some Tweak'd today but not the special value.  I may cave and get it as well but so far I have not.  I ordered the replenishing mist as I heard Denis say it was the Ojon that has been repackaged.   

Dear Mustang,

YIKES!  It sounds like that dental stuff was an ORDEAL!   Hope this is the end of all things dental for a while.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Good Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Image result for good friday images 2019

Thank you @momtochloe .   A picture truly is worth a thousand words. Heart

I totally agree.