Esteemed Contributor

Copied this from the Allrecipes website and made it for dinner tonight. DH stopped on his way home from work and picked up some egg rolls and crab rangoon to go along with this. Went together quickly and tasted wonderful. I used the pot stickers from the Q in this soup. Nice quick meal to fix on a cool day that has been busy.

Quick Pot Sticker Soup Recipe

1 Tbls of sesame oil

1 onion, chopped

2 cloves of garlic, minced

2 - 32 ounce cartons of chicken stock

2 green onions, chopped

1 TBLS of sesame oil

salt and pepper to taste

1 - 15 ounce bag of frozen pot stickers, any flavor

12 ounce pkg of frozen stir fry veggies

1. Heat 1 Tblsp of sesame oil in large pot.

2. Stir in chopped onions and garlic; cook and stir until soft and transluscent, about 5 minutes.

3. Add chicken stock, green onions, and remaining sesame oil.

4. Bring to a boil over high heat; taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.

5. Reduce heat to medium and add veggies and pot stickers. Cook until potstickers rise to top, approx 8 minutes.

I see no reason you couldn't use fresh veggies if you prefer, instead of the frozen stir fry. I just like having some recipes I can make fast at home, that are also good tasting. Hope you enjoy this if you make it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

I've purchased pot stickers in our freezer department at Costco! Thanks for the recipe...sounds so easy and yummy!!

Trusted Contributor
I often use pot stickers in soups instead of noodles.We use the Ling-Ling brand at Costco.
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad someone bumped this yummy soup forward for those that might have missed it!

Truly delicious and easy to make!

Super Contributor

Thanks for bumping this up. This is certainly a "must try recipe" for me. Love the ingredients and even now in the dead of winter, this sounds really good.!!!

Vicki

Esteemed Contributor

DiamondGirly-Did you bump this up?! I was surprised to see it today-kind of a deja-vu moment for me! Thank you or whom ever did this-I got a great kick seeing it again. The only Costco I am aware of in our area is about a 45 minute drive from us and we don't really go in that area often. We have thought about trying it out to see if we like it better than SAM's but would have to drive past 2 of those by the time we would get to Costco. Good to know products people are happy with if we ever do go. Hope you enjoy the soup if you try it.

spud188 - Thanks for another vote for Costco. If you like potstickers, I'm pretty sure you will like the soup. I still can't find a veggie combo I am happy with so end up making my own. Maybe Costco has something better to offer there, also.

RespectLife - I never make this soup without thinking of you!

vickisok - Yes, this soup will warm you up. Not real hearty -more "brothy" but it is filling because of the veggies. You and I share a name-but mine ends in an "e"!

Contributor

mustang66lady--This soup sounds great and thanks for the tip about the pot stickers being at Aldi's on Wednesday. I just saw them in their ad. Glad to hear your husband has a smoker. I am the one who lives in your area and about 2 yrs. ago, told you about our BBQ contest (Jakey in June) in St. Jacob, but don't know if you ever attended.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, hello bbqjudge!

Have thought of you often over the last couple of years and wondered if you and DH still were judging! No, we have not been fortunate enough to attend Jakey in June but think about it every year. Still plan on attending. Like I said in a previous post, a lot has happened in the last 2 years that has turned our lives completely upside down. It reads like a soap opera, but we are finally getting adjusted and things are looking a little more settled.

You had mentioned something about learning how to be a judge and DH was very interested. Don't know if he still is or not as he is not here right now. I think he needs to find out a little more but if we make it to Jakey in June this year, maybe we can meet up and find out the info we need. As it stands right now, I don't plan any more than a few days in advance for anything.......

Hope you like the soup if you decide to make it. I have not made it with Aldi's potstickers but have ate them and thought they are better than those here on the Q. When I went back to purchase more, I found that they were sold out-this is the first that I have heard of them being back in stock since then! I plan on stocking up this time.

Have a peaceful evening and thanks so much for taking time to comment! Glad to "meet up" with you again.

Honored Contributor

I love Allrecipes.com Thanks for this recipe. Very easy!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Romary 1,

I love allrecipes.com, too. I use it a lot when looking for new recipes or recipes to use up things I have in the freezer or pantry. That's how I found this one; I had potstickers from the Q and wanted a new way to use them. Hope you like the soup if you try it. Have a peaceful evening.