Occasional Contributor

Pot Sticker Dipping Sauce

[ Edited ]

Like the dipping sauce many restaurants include with their pot stickers.

Pot Sticker Dipping Sauce Ingredients:

1/2 cup unseasoned Rice Wine Vinegar

1 cup Soy Sauce or Tamari

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup Brown Sugar (light or dark) lightly packed

3 inch knob of Fresh Ginger finely grated on a microplane

2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil

Generous Pinch Red Pepper Flakes (more or less to taste)

Sliced Scallion Greens for serving.

Directions:

In a medium sauce pan gently heat all of the liquid ingredients (except toasted sesame oil) and brown sugar until the brown sugar is completely dissolved.

Remove from heat and add ginger, red papper flake and toasted sesame oil and stir thouroughly to combine.  Let cool.

Store in airtight container in fridge for up to two weeks.

When serving serve in small bowls with sliced scallions scattered over the top. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pot Sticker Dipping Sauce

@ConnecticutMatt wrote:

Like the dipping sauce many restaurants include with their pot stickers.

Pot Sticker Dipping Sauce Ingredients:

1/2 cup unseasoned Rice Wine Vinegar

1 cup Soy Sauce or Tamari

1/24 cup water

1/4 cup Brown Sugar (light or dark) lightly packed

3 inch knob of Fresh Ginger finely grated on a microplane

2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil

Generous Pinch Red Pepper Flakes (more or less to taste)

Sliced Scallion Greens for serving.

Directions:

In a medium sauce pan gently heat all of the liquid ingredients (except toasted sesame oil) and brown sugar until the brown sugar is completely dissolved.

Remove from heat and add ginger, red papper flake and toasted sesame oil and stir thouroughly to combine.  Let cool.

Store in airtight container in fridge for up to two weeks.

When serving serve in small bowls with sliced scallions scattered over the top. 

@ConnecticutMatt your post made me smile as I have been tearing apart my stash of these types of recipes looking for one that was a noodle bowl but the sauce is very close to this recipe . . . thank you for posting as it was most helpful!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much, I have been looking for a good dipping sauce…I will try this one next time. Would you please verify if it is ½ or ¼ cup water? TIA

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

@ConnecticutMatt

Welcome to the recipe boards!  Thanks for the dipping sauce recipe!  Sounds great and will be looking forward to the clarification on the correct water amount.  Join in often!    Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you for the Dipping Sauce recipe, I'll definitely use it.  BTW, Costco has a new mini Pot Sticker with a very thin wrapper, it's really good.

Honored Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

Thank you for the Dipping Sauce recipe, I'll definitely use it.  BTW, Costco has a new mini Pot Sticker with a very thin wrapper, it's really good.

@waterlily I'm going to have to go take a look, thanks for the heads up!

Respected Contributor

I was just looking for something to dip my new found love in. I only have pot stickers at Walmart, but they are YUM!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@ConnecticutMatt your post made me smile as I have been tearing apart my stash of these types of recipes looking for one that was a noodle bowl but the sauce is very close to this recipe . . . thank you for posting as it was most helpful!

@momtochloe

Are you looking for this my Friend?

KOREAN BEEF BOWL

Tastes like Korean BBQ and is on your dinner table in just 15 min from start to finish! Seriously. It doesn’t get any easier than this!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
  3. Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
  4. Serve immediately, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe

Ok mtc, I just realized this isn't noodles LOL!!!

Oh well, it was good anyways!!!!

I hope you find the noodle one!

Contributor

Sounds great! I make a simple "sauce" that doesn't require cooking.and is for an individual serving.

1 T. peanut butter

1/4 t. chili oil

1 t. soy sauce

1 t. rice wine vinegar

Blend together in your serving bowl while cooking pot stickers. Add pot stickers and toss to coat

These are approximations since I oretty much eyeball it. you can add honey, sesame oil, scallions, as desired, but I just use it as is usually.