1 box INSTANT pistachio pudding mix

1 cup sour cream

1/4 cup oil

2 tablespoons water

4 eggs

1 cup chopped nuts

cinnamon

sugar

Mix together. DO NOT USE A MIXER. Grease 2 loaf pans. Make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dust the pans with cinnamon sugar. Pour batter into pans. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes.

Valued Contributor

Just a note , I made your pistachio nut bread , it was delicious and my husband loves it , he takes it to work with his coffee in he morning , It was eazy and delicious , Love anything eazy , Glad your back!!!

cathy from ma'

Occasional Contributor

Question..... I am just starting to bake. You are all seasoned bakers. My question is about the cup of nuts. Any kind of nuts or does it have to be pistachios.?? thank you in advance.

Super Contributor

It does not have to be pistachios. I have used pecans and almonds, but I think it was better with the pistachios.

Super Contributor

Lil bit,,,just got the ingred. yesterday, can't wait! since I've downsized, needed to get TWO loaf pans so got the foil ones,,,,hope they work as well. This sounds so familiar,,,wonder if you'd posted it before long ago. I love your recipie and have quite the collection from you. I'm also a cookbook 'hoarder' and had to let lots go when I downsized (ugly word to me).usually had pistachios on hand, but gonna try it with pecans/walnut mixture,,,it'll still be good, I'm sure. thanks for you MOST WONDERFUL recipies!

Honored Contributor
I made it yesterday & used chopped pecans because that's what I had in the freezer. It is wonderful.
Contributor

Lilbitmisty:

This recipe sounds awesome and I love anything pistachio!

Do I use a small box or large box of pistachio pudding mix? This sounds like something right up my alley and would have also been a cute idea for St. Patrick's Day. I could still also make it for Easter too! Or just because it is Tuesday!

Thank you for this recipe!

Honored Contributor
Hi ripkenfan, I don't know what LBM uses but I made the pistachio bread from her recipe yesterday & used a small box of pudding because that's what I had. It had nice pistachio flavor without being "too much".
Contributor

Thanks ChiliPepper. I only had a small box in my cabinet and wondered if that would be enough pistachio flavor. I'm going to try it with the small box.

I add marschino cherries at Christmas time.  Made a festive green and red bread.  Alwats delicious.