Respected Contributor
On, making me hungry!!
Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty

Ok, so the banana bread recipe on the other thread made me think of this recipe.

I have made it several times & it is WONDERFUL!!!!

Thanks again LilBitMissty!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

ChiliPepper...Hi sweetie. Thanks so much! I am glad you like it.  Have you tried the other recipe I posted some time ago for Cantaloupe bread?   That too is really yummy!   Nice to see you dear.

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty

No, I missed the Cantelope Bread Recipe.

I'll have to look that one up, it sounds intriguing.

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

ChiliPepper...Hi sweetie.  LOL I am so hesitant to post ANYTHING right now...but for YOU I will Heart This really is good and when I orginally posted it I had positive feedback from those who tried it.

Down-Under Cantaloupe Bread

3 eggs

1 cup oil

2 cups sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 cantaloupe...Or what will= 2 cups puree

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1 cup nuts

Beat eggs. Add oil, sugar and vanilla. Peel cantaloupe. Cut cantaloupe into chunks and put into blender. You need 2 cups of the puree. Add the 2 cups puree to the egg mixture. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 325* for 1 hour.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pistachio Bread

[ Edited ]

@LilBitMissty

Ok, well this is a new one to me! In all my years of cooking & baking I have NEVER seen cantaloupe bread!!!!

It sounds so interesting & different. DD loves cantaloupe too.

I can't wait to try this!!!!

Thanks LilBit!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

ChiliPepper...You are most welcome dear lady. If you do make it, please let me know. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Pistachio Bread

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@LilBitMissty

Ok, well this is a new one to me! In all my years of cooking & baking I have NEVER seen cantaloupe bread!!!!

It sounds so interesting & different. DD loves cantaloupe too.

I can't wait to try this!!!!

Thanks LilBit!!!!!!!

@ChiliPepper

@LilBitMissty

Me either!  I can't wait to try this!  @ChiliPepper and I both have new fancy loaf pans!  LOL  We are loving these recipes!

@LilBitMissty

Some of the ladies were asking on the Pistachio Bread....do you use the small box of instant pudding?

I LOVE no mixer!  One less thing to wash!  LOL

Dusting w/ cin & sugar is brilliant!!

Lil, you warm my heart!  Please don't ever leave us!!

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

Pistachio Bread

1 box yellow cake mix

1 box INSTANT pistachio pudding mix

1 cup sour cream

1/4 cup oil

2 tablespoons water

4 eggs

1 cup chopped nuts

cinnamon

sugar

Mix together. DO NOT USE A MIXER. Grease 2 loaf pans. Make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dust the pans with cinnamon sugar. Pour batter into pans. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes.

Dear LilBitMissty,

I saw some other friends praising this recipe and I was thrilled to find your post.  It sounds delish.  I particularly like that I can make it quickly with things I can keep on hand in the frig and pantry.  It is great to have stuff around that I can whip up at a moments notice.

What a delight it has been to find you and to come across your recipes.  You really are an excellent cook.  Thanks so much for taking the time to post your recipes for us.  YOU ARE THE BEST!

Respected Contributor

@Kay2993 wrote:

I add marschino cherries at Christmas time.  Made a festive green and red bread.  Alwats delicious.

Dear Kay2993,

What a lovely idea to use the cherries!  Thanks for the suggestion.