Respected Contributor

I bought a jar of pickled Vidalia onions because it sounded interesting, and now I don't know what to do with them besides putting them on a sandwich or burger. Any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor

Maybe in a tossed salad or even a potato salad?  They sound good!

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3  I like them in salads and with other pickled veggies.

Frequent Contributor

Do you like pinto beans?  I would add some to the side of pintos, sorta like adding chow chow or pickled beets with pinto beans.

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

Maybe in a tossed salad or even a potato salad?  They sound good!

I make a potato salad recipe that calls for pickled onions.

Honored Contributor

Chop and use a little in soups, put around a roast (beef or a chicken), make a cold rice or grain salad and chop up some in that along with olives, pepper strips, celery, dried fruits, nuts, etc. and a good homemade oil and vinegar dressing!  

Respected Contributor

Fabulous with anything needing acidity...rich pork like carnitas, on top of buttered fish. I make my own....so good!

Respected Contributor

Y'all making me hungry!

I haven't done this yet but I'm thinking of adding them to my next charcuterie (drained well, of course, and chilled for crispness).

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

Would you share your recipe?

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Fabulous with anything needing acidity...rich pork like carnitas, on top of buttered fish. I make my own....so good!

@Sooner 

Some Good ideas.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ    I'm making tilapia tonight. I usually saute fresh tomatoes in butter and spices to put on top. Would you recommend adding some onions or skipping the tomatoes completely?