Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Coquille, thanks....why is the food that is soooo good so fattening?

@Mom2Dogs.Amen!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Super Contributor

I make pasta salad with either celentani, tri color fusilli, or bow tie pasta. I add cherry tomatoes (sliced in half), black olives, chopped red onion, capers, carrots, chopped red and yellow bell peppers, chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh basil and chopped fresh oregano. The dressings I use are either Girard's Original French or Girards Champagne.

Honored Contributor

I always put drained and rinsed kidney or black beans in, a lot of chopped red bell pepper and broccoli.  I think that makes it a lot better for me than so much pasta.  Oh and shredded or grated carrots! 

I love black olives in it too--but not too many.  And pimentos sometimes!  

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Coquille, thanks....why is the food that is soooo good so fattening?

@Mom2Dogs.Amen!

@Coquille @Mom2Dogs  I have the answer!  It's the three food groups that make it fattening:  SALT, FAT and SUGAR!!! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

This is the most delicious pasta salad I have ever had.  It's from the former Chelsea's Tea Room here.

The calories could be decreased with using Dukes Reduced Fat mayo and reduced sour cream.  I like to increase the dill.

img119.jpg

Image result for chelseas tea room asheville, nc

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I always put drained and rinsed kidney or black beans in, a lot of chopped red bell pepper and broccoli.  I think that makes it a lot better for me than so much pasta.  Oh and shredded or grated carrots! 

I love black olives in it too--but not too many.  And pimentos sometimes!  

@Sooner,Although I don't like dried beans, kidney beans are ok.  I think I could eat this one.Smiley Happy