Trusted Contributor

I wish all of my friends here, even thou I have been absent, a wonderful Mom's Day, and hope you are the one getting treated to a wonderful day, that you do not have to cook or clean up after, unless, ofcourse, you are treating your own mom, on this wonderful day....A shout out to all moms, and hope you understand, that you are the reason that life continues to exist......Heart

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf: I have missed you and your wonderful recipes. Praying that your circumstances and health have improved. SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

Re: Mom's Day....

[ Edited ]

@forrestwolf

Hugs and love from your Savannah friend!Heart

It's so good to hear from you and I hope that you and Dad are doing better!

If you were here, we'd be having Bloody Mary's on River St. right about now!

I miss you posting!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom Dad no longer has any  contact with me, will not answer any phone calls, and will not answer the door, but that is his choice .......I am still looking for a trip to Savannah, and would love to meet you...Just got to get the time off, which I am already way over my time available, so will give you a shout out.....Still miss pee cans/pecans....you know, and the dips posting....Man, those that are new here just missed out on so much...Woman Very Happy

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee I have had a couple of scares of cancer, but so far, so good, and I finally have my ear going in the right direction..Seems that in the last month, health is going my way, after several years of going wrong.....Just keep going on day by day, and week by week....Look forward every day now, of waking up and meeting a new day....Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf wrote:

@KingstonsMom Dad no longer has any  contact with me, will not answer any phone calls, and will not answer the door, but that is his choice .......I am still looking for a trip to Savannah, and would love to meet you...Just got to get the time off, which I am already way over my time available, so will give you a shout out.....Still miss pee cans/pecans....you know, and the dips posting....Man, those that are new here just missed out on so much...Woman Very Happy

@forrestwolf

Wow, I'm so surprised at Dad's behaviour, considering you spent so much time taking care of him and making him his favorite dishes, including anything with coconut involved!

But as you said, that is his choice.

Make sure you do give me a shout out when you can take some time off and make a trip here, we'll definitely meet and do some of the fun things we've discussed over the years!Heart

We'll have a great time!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

forrestwolf....happy to see you....thanks for checking in with us again....sorry to hear your dad is not responding to contacts.....you have done A LOT....his choice/his loss....but sad for you, I am sure.  

Focus on yourself....wishing you well.

Trusted Contributor

I had a great Mother's Day.  A little trouble at dinner with having towait over an hour to receive our food, but the manager ended up comping our entire meal.

Esteemed Contributor

@forrestwolf  Good to hear form you again and know that you are alright.

Sorry about your Dad but you can't change a leopard's spots.  Not at that age!  Never.

Count your blessings.  He will survive according to his wishes, right or wrong.  You won't have to pay the price.  You take care of YOU.

Hope life is treating you kindly.  You are missed and thought of ofter.  How are you really doing?  Some of us do care.

Thanks for the Mother's Day greetings  and the same back to you.  Stick around.  You are welcome.

Trusted Contributor

@forrestwolf   Good to see your name here again.  Sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to know your own health is heading in the right direction. 

Like you, I miss the posters and recipes that were on Recipe Swap when I first joined this Forum.  Seems like that last format change just chased them all away.

Keep checking in -- maybe the pendulum will swing back.