New Contributor

Wondering if any of you cooks have used a Masterbilt smoker and what is your favorite thing to smoke. We got one for Christmas and just seasoned it last weekend and looking for some different ideas on how to smoke things. The book that came with the smoker isn't that great in instructions, and it never mentionens anything about putting water in the water pan, so we're not sure about that one either. One would think that you must put water in it otherwise there wouldn't be one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

New Contributor

Re: Masterbilt Smoker

[ Edited ]

I just used my masterbilt smoker for the first time!!!  I LOVE it!!  I made smoked potato salad yesterday for today's dinner and it is AWESOME!!!  I smoked the potatoes as directed and used my own recipe for the salad. I highly recommend it. I smoked a turkey breast for the first time with my new smoker (it was the TSV a few days ago) - DELICIOUS!!  Missouri has many wineries and I had purchased a bottle of Blackberry Jalapeno Wine Drizzle and poured some of it on the slices of turkey!  Wow!!  Awesome!! The wine drizzle can be purchased from Endless Summer Winery in Higginsville MO from their website. I absolutely love my Masterbilt Smoker (the small one). Guess I'm going to have to purchase a larger one for when I have guests. Thank you, David!! Definitely try making smoked potato salad!!😋

Honored Contributor

@30yearmember wrote:

I just used my masterbilt smoker for the first time!!!  I LOVE it!!  I made smoked potato salad yesterday for today's dinner and it is AWESOME!!!  I smoked the potatoes as directed and used my own recipe for the salad. I highly recommend it. I smoked a turkey breast for the first time with my new smoker (it was the TSV a few days ago) - DELICIOUS!!  Missouri has many wineries and I had purchased a bottle of Blackberry Jalapeno Wine Drizzle and poured some of it on the slices of turkey!  Wow!!  Awesome!! The wine drizzle can be purchased from Endless Summer Winery in Higginsville MO from their website. I absolutely love my Masterbilt Smoker (the small one). Guess I'm going to have to purchase a larger one for when I have guests. Thank you, David!! Definitely try making smoked potato salad!!😋

@30yearmember  We smokled a chicken the first time. and instructions said to keep adding wood chips, that chicken was so smoked it was hardly edible, but it was so moist and tender, so now we don't add chips past the intitial chips.

Honored Contributor

Ribs, brisket, prime rib, chicken, turkey etc. Mac n' cheese. Try their Four-Cheese Smoked Mac n' Cheese recipe by John McLemore. You can also make it in the oven. Search Dadgum Good Recipes on Google. It's recipes from Masterbuilt.

DH said he never smoked anything without water in the water pan. 

• 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into large chunks
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) Gouda cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • Optional: pulled pork, bacon, brisket, etc.
  1. Load the wood tray with one small handful of wood chips and preheat the smoker to 225 degrees F.
  2. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and whisk flour into the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and thick. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper.
  3. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar, 1 cup Gouda cheese, Parmesan cheese, pasta, cream sauce, and optional ingredients. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 9-1/2-inch aluminum roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese and Gouda cheese.
  4. Place in smoker and cook 1 hours at 225 degrees F, until brown, bubbly and delicious.