Respected Contributor

Re: Krispy Kreme cake mix

[ Edited ]

It's AWFUL!  

Terrible taste, inbetween a cake mix and pound cake.

I threw it out, weird taste, nothing like the donuts.

Occasional Visitor

I did try the cake mix.  It was very good.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all the reviews.  I'm not craving cake now, but I sure am craving Krispy Kremes -- especially the chocolate frosted glazed doughnuts warm off the line.  Fortunately I'd have to drive a long way to get to there and the weather is bad. Shame on you for triggering my addiction  Smiley LOL !

Honored Contributor

There is also a mix for a cake with the chocolate icing instead of the original icing.

Just trying to do my part!

@Honeybit wrote:

Thanks for all the reviews.  I'm not craving cake now, but I sure am craving Krispy Kremes -- especially the chocolate frosted glazed doughnuts warm off the line.  Fortunately I'd have to drive a long way to get to there and the weather is bad. Shame on you for triggering my addiction  Smiley LOL !

Honored Contributor

Thx for the reviews. I saw it at Wal-Mart the other day & passed. The packaging did not make me go YUM!!! so I did not buy it. Glad I passed now after reading the reviews. I hate that overly sweet stuff. 

Honored Contributor

Saw those yesterday at Wally world. They were about $2.25.

Occasional Contributor

Ladies I tried it too and was very disappointed.  Very sweet and strong after taste.  Tastes nothing like the good ole fattening glazed donuts I remember as a child.

Valued Contributor

I MADE IT   ITS SO GOOD  MADE IN A BUNT PAN   TRY IT

Respected Contributor

Overall, it got a 3 star review on Wal-M's website.  It seems like people either loved it or hated it.  A common complaint was that it did not fill the bundt pan and therefore made a tiny cake.  

Now, I want the real thing!