Honored Contributor

Easter Cake From Sally's Baking Addicition

People love Sally, she's an incredible baker.  I follow her blog. 

Love this cake she just came out with for Easter!

Sally's Coconut Easter Nest Cake

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2017/03/27/coconut-easter-nest-cake/

cake

cake

Honored Contributor

Re: Easter Cake From Sally's Baking Addicition

Basically, it's a Bundt cake that gets stuffed with candy Easter eggs..  Sally gives several examples and recipes for a selection of cakes that would be nice for Easter, or you could just use a cake mix if you wish.

Honored Contributor

I think kids would love that cake, but since we have no little ones, I think I'll bake a white coconut or a carrot cake for Easter.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think kids would love that cake, but since we have no little ones, I think I'll bake a white coconut or a carrot cake for Easter.

Hi @blackhole99

Sally suggested a carrot cake for the basic cake, and of course, that is coconut all over it Smiley Happy  Lemon would be good, too.

Actually, whenever I think of Easter food, lemon and coconut both come to mind.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  I love lemon any thing, but my family doesn't. A lemon cake with butter creme frosting topped with coconut sounds heavenly to me.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 That looks yummy!  I'll have to try that sometime.  I usually pick up a coconut cake for Easter.  This year though I'm going to make a Peacher's cake.  I saw the recipe on the South Your Mouth site.  I had never heard of this cake, but it looks good.  If I remember correctly, I think it's similar to a Hummingbird cake but it doesn't have the bananas. 

Honored Contributor

I've been lost in that link for a half hour.  Great recipes. There's a carrot cake with a cheesecake center that I would like to make for Easter.

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Noel7 That looks yummy!  I'll have to try that sometime.  I usually pick up a coconut cake for Easter.  This year though I'm going to make a Peacher's cake.  I saw the recipe on the South Your Mouth site.  I had never heard of this cake, but it looks good.  If I remember correctly, I think it's similar to a Hummingbird cake but it doesn't have the bananas. 

Hi @LdyBugz

Oh, I love South Your Mouth!  Mandy, isn't it?  She's fairly young and has great stories about her friends. She has wonderful recipes.  I haven't heard of Preacher's cake, I'll have to look into it, I'm so glad you mentioned it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I've been lost in that link for a half hour.  Great recipes. There's a carrot cake with a cheesecake center that I would like to make for Easter.

Hi @AuntG

I am so glad you enjoyed looking at Sally's site, I know I was really interested in her recipes and her comments on what she makes.   Thanks for letting me know you were, too Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Noel7  Yep, her name is Mandy and she does have great recipes and stories to go with them.  I can't wait to try this cake.  Love ceam cheese frosting!   Here's the link, enjoy!  http://www.southyourmouth.com/2013/11/preacher-cake.html