Frequent Contributor

Just Ordered Marian Getz Rice Cooker Cookbook

Can't wait to get this to make new recipes in my Cook's Essential 5 Cup Perfect Cooker.

Yum!

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Ordered Marian Getz Rice Cooker Cookbook

@Shopster3 I hope you love this book as much as I do!  It really is so delicious and easy to follow.  One of my favorites are the Bourbon Chicken Tenders . . . yum!

And ps, if you don't have hard liquor in the house I buy those little airplane size bottles of whatever I need for cooking as the portion size is just right.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does Marian have a new rice cooker cookbook?  Or is this the same one we've all talked about for so long?  Hmm, I need to go check.  :-)  I love the cookbook, too!  The banana bread is the top recipe in my home.  Yum!  

Ok, just checked.  Same one.  But still a goodie.

Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I talked myself out of it for so long and finally caved. Wolfgang is on tonight and was afraid it would sell out and not be back in time for Christmas.

Thanks for the tip on the little bottles of liquor. I'm not a drinker but do like some bourbon recipes. I would have never thought of this tip Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shopster3 wrote:

Yeah, I talked myself out of it for so long and finally caved. Wolfgang is on tonight and was afraid it would sell out and not be back in time for Christmas.

Thanks for the tip on the little bottles of liquor. I'm not a drinker but do like some bourbon recipes. I would have never thought of this tip Smiley Very Happy

@Shopster3 those little bottles are nice as you get to try different brands and flavors within a given alcohol.  I have purchased both Peach and Honey whiskey and they were delicious.  As I cook for one, these are a perfect size for 1-3 recipe portions. 

Honored Contributor

I bought it with his little rice cooker some time back. I think you will like it. At least it has recipes in it that you would actually use. All the recipes I tried from it were good.

Frequent Contributor

I so can't wait!

Super Contributor

Shopster3 wrote:

@Shopster3  Cool that ya ordered the book!  :-)  Enjoy!  Also try looking in the archives here, as there have been many discussions on the book and the mini rice cooker.  

Super Contributor

Shopster3 wrote:

Can't wait to get this to make new recipes in my Cook's Essential 5 Cup Perfect Cooker.

Yum!

@Shopster3  I have the Wolfgang Puck mini rice cooker, and the CE one you mentioned.  I use them alllllll the time.  They're extremely versatile and helpful.  Have fun!

Frequent Contributor

I love my little cooker too, it's my new best friend in the kitchen.

Oatmeal turns out perfect in it, and no babying it!

I will keep you posted on my results after I try the recipes.