Frequent Contributor

can anyone help me with a mild cheese dip?

Valued Contributor

I don't have the recipe with me, but I make one with cream cheese, old english cheese (in a jar) and the roquefort (in a jar) and some garlic powder. Sooooo good on pretzels. If you google it, I'm sure you could find one that you would like. Just put in what ing you like and you will be surprised at the amount of recipes that will come up. I have a friend who makes one with velveeta that is similar to what I make.

Good Luck. If you find one you really like, please share with us

Cookin

Respected Contributor

Hot or cold dip?

Real or processed cheese?

What do you like as far as flavors?

Trusted Contributor

@cinderford wrote:

can anyone help me with a mild cheese dip?

Cheat with a loaf of Velveeta - melt the cheese and add some salsa if you want to get fancy.

Also - you might be able to swing some mac and cheese if there is any leftover.

ps - don't make the whole loaf ....

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Hot or cold dip?

Real or processed cheese?

What do you like as far as flavors?

I was thinking the same thing - so many options !

Respected Contributor
I get white American from the deli, dice it up, put it in the crock pot with a few splashes of milk and a can of green chilies. It is like that white cheese dip at the mexican restraunt. You can use the white velveeta as well. The green chilies are just a hit of spice. You could use some tomatillo sauce as well.
Honored Contributor

a one pound block of velveeta yellow cheese and a can of rotel tomatoes.....super easy and always a hit. i have a small crockpot that i use to melt the cheese and then keep the dip warm.

want it more spicy? just add a squeeze or two of sriracha sauce.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/512-ccBBSuL.jpg

https://0bb8856ba8259ec33e3d-a40599a114f3a4c6d0979c3ffe0b2bf5.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/0021000050970_CL_hyvee_default_large.jpeg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45: I add one more ingredient to your dip- I cook one pound of ground beef with diced onion- rinse well and drain. Then add the cheese and tomatoes. I can no longer eat hot spicy food. I use the mild Rotel tomatoes. Keep warm in crockpot and serve with chips. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee

that sounds good......i will have to try it that way.

i think i have heard of people using ground sausage also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

My favorite is broccoli cheese dip.

Cook and drain chopped broccoli, add 1/2 stick of butter, garlic, and velveeta.    Melt in microwave.   Add milk/water if you want it thinner.    I doubt the butter is necessary, but it was in the original recipe.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*