Trusted Contributor

I have been away for a bit, due to medical issues.....AND now I am not sure how to post any more........I am only testing here, just to see if I can still post with you all.......Hope I did it right.........

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

Looks good. 

Spoiler
Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

I am having to navigate around and find out if I can still post........I am not doing so good, and neither is dad, and this is not the time for NEW...........Can we still post pictures and things??????

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

You did great forrest and I gave you a heart so you should be receiving notification (or look up near the top of your screen.  You can see who enjoyed your post!).

Good to see you, hope you are feeling a bit better!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Well.......may go again at any time, as MAYO says I must go to Germany, so my ears are out of control, and now I have to go thru another surgery on July 22 as my tumor in my lady parts has come back, since my surgery in March.......NEVER a dull moment in my life.......Smiley Frustrated

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Forrest, I am so, so sorry to hear that you still are not feeling any better and now have more things to contend with.  I wish there was something I could do to help you somehow as you were so helpful to me when I was still just lurking here.

I so enjoyed reading your recipes and all of the good advice you always are so generous with.  It really helped take me away from my problems for a bit and I appreciated the rest.  Again, I wish I could return the favor but I would burn water if that was possible.

I unfortunately do not know how to post picture but I know it can be done as many people are doing it.  Hopefully someone will be able to answer that question for you quickly.

Take care dear lady and I pray for better days for you and your father.  You deserve this and more.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Oh....Thank you so much, as I love to learn that I have helped someone along my way.....I just truly wish that sometimes I was not a nurse of 34 years, and could just take a doctors word, but then again.....I am glad that I am, so that I know that I am making the right decisions........

I love cooking, and that is where I go to get involved, and try to make something that I know that many will enjoy, and make it easier for them to understand how to make something that their family will enjoy, and know that I was a part of that.......My family has always been about food...........Cooking is what makes me feel good, and I do love to share true and tried recipes.......Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor
Forrestwolf.....I am sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope things get better for you and your dad. Are you still able to work? You have been missed here. And, many of us have had problems navigating ourselves through these new board changes.
Honored Contributor

Forrest, there are a lot of us out there that are lurking but are either too overwhelmed or intimidated to join in initially.  I am always completely amazed by the diversity of the recipes you posted.  I learned so much about seasonings alone!

I am so sorry for both you and your dad and being a nurse must be at times a blessing and a curse.  It must be great to know what you should be reacting to but it must be next to impossible to sit on your hands when you are told something that you are not comfortable with.

I went through many phases when taking care of both my mom and dad.  I guess I was lucky that I was clueless most of the time.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss but I have to say, one of the most arrogant doctors I encountered toward the end of my mom's life turned out to be the nicest and kindest when he realized how lost I was.  Usually, nurses had always been my allies (bless you!) but he really helped me over a very huge hurdle.

Please know you have touched and helped so many people on these boards.  I think cooking is a lovely way of communicating and bonding and you more than helped so many people.  I just wish we could return the favor some how.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Oh.......I would love to pull the covers up over my head, and dwell in what might happen, but......I keep working when I can, as my ear still has issues daily, but now this new problem is not going to keep me down, and I keep going, all though, at the end of the day.....Tired.......Is an understatement......MAYO refuses to treat my really bad ear infection any more, until I go to Germany, but I have to deal with a more pressing issue, that I can take care of here, and then plan, at some time to have my ear taken care of......I can travel to Valdosta GA for one, but not Germany for the other.......You know, I can not get in the Jeep, and put Germany in my GPS, and drive there for medical care.......I also have to try to stay close for my dad, who has basically stopped eating more than just a bit  here or there...I cook, but he  will only eat little...I feel that he is living out  his life how he wants, and I feel I am helping as best I can.......He refuses any care, and so chooses the life that he is leading, and I respect that wish, and do not push.......It is his choice........As, I want my own wishes honered as well.......