Esteemed Contributor

Hi LoLa,

Need your help.

I've enjoyed your "Strawberry Sour Cream Cake" a number of times, but am now experiencing a fallen cake as the outcome.  I believe that in transcribing from your original recipe to a Word documentoin my laptop, an ingredient amount was incorrectly noted.

If you see this, would you kindly post the recipe again? 

Due to the changes in the forum, nearly all recipes were lost, so I posted this recipe as a "LoLa" recipe well worth trying, only to find that the results are poor.  Clearly I've made a horrible error and need your asistance.

Thank so much!

~Rebecca

Honored Contributor

Good morning! I'm not LoLa, but I did copy her yummy recipe!

LoLa’s Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
3 Eggs
4 Tbs lemon juice, divided
zest of 1 lemon
2 1/2 C flour, divided
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. sour cream
1 1/2 C fresh strawberries, diced
1 C powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees - Grease and flour a 10 inch tube (Bundt) pan. Stir together 2 1/4 C flour, baking soda, salt. Add in lemon zest and set aside.

With a mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 2 Tbsp lemon juice.  Alternate mixing the flour mixture and the sour cream until all is incorporated. Mix strawberries in remaining 1/4 C of flour. Gently fold into the batter.

Pour into bundt pan and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Mix together powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice to make glaze. Drizzle over top of cake.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging............LoLa

[ Edited ]

Wow Ladies, if this is the final draft - I'm in!!! It sounds delicious.

Thanks Lola, sfnative & IG for posting!!!

Esteemed Contributor

OP Here,

I checked IG's recipe with the one I transcriped from LoLa's and it's the same.

IG: Did your cake come out alright?  Two of us are all of a sudden having issues.  I had an issue due to, I believe, having used Costco's gluten free flour for the first time and the cake fell terribly.  However, another poster made the cake this week using a/p flour and it fell as well.

Need to know if your cake came out alright, as once I transcribed into Word, I did not keep LoLa's original.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging............LoLa

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

OP Here,

I checked IG's recipe with the one I transcriped from LoLa's and it's the same.

IG: Did your cake come out alright?  Two of us are all of a sudden having issues.  I had an issue due to, I believe, having used Costco's gluten free flour for the first time and the cake fell terribly.  However, another poster made the cake this week using a/p flour and it fell as well.

Need to know if your cake came out alright, as once I transcribed into Word, I did not keep LoLa's original.

Thank you!

So sorry for not responding, I just found your question!

My cake came out just fine with A/P flour, no falling. It was sooooo good!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

OP Here re Recipe re-test:

Due to my failure with this recipe using gluten free flour for the first time (cake fell) and another poster who indicated her cake also fell rise and came our rubbery like mine, I had promised a re-bake with a tweaked recipe using a/p flour.

*  I upped the baking soda to 1 tsp, though felt I could taste it in the cake.

*  The cake did NOT fall this time.

*  Honestly believe my fallen cake was due to the gluten free flour, which is heavier than a/p flour.

Really glad to know, IG, that your cake came out alright.

~Rebecca