Trusted Contributor

Cooking is my way of showing my care.....I love cooking, and it makes me happy when others enjoy the dishes that I make..........I always tell my dad, that if I make something that is not good, as to his liking, just tell me, and off the list it will go......He especially loves coconut, and I do not, so I can not taste it, and know whether or not it is a keeper.........Woman LOL

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

Forrest, I know you don't know me very well but if I could offer you a bit of my past.....

I had a high powered, high stress job and was taking care of my mom at the same time.  Long hours, late night conference calls, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  In the meantime I was trying to get my mom to eat healthier because of her diabetes.  I kept thinking if she ate better food she would feel better until I realized at her advanced age, let her eat what makes her happy.  She more than earned that right.

I feel for you with your dad.  You want them to be happy and healthy and eat lots of good things but I guess the reality is when you reach a certain point in your life, you want to do what you want and if eating a full meal is not in the plan, we have to learn to accept that.  After I crossed that hurdle, that helped a lot with my stress level.

I struggled with doctors for a long time until I overruled them.  It's quality versus quantity.  You want ice cream, you get it!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf wrote:

Cooking is my way of showing my care.....I love cooking, and it makes me happy when others enjoy the dishes that I make..........I always tell my dad, that if I make something that is not good, as to his liking, just tell me, and off the list it will go......He especially loves coconut, and I do not, so I can not taste it, and know whether or not it is a keeper.........Woman LOL

You're a good daughter forrest.  I remember those fabulous coconut cakes you make for your dad . . . fabulous!

Honored Contributor

Dear sweet forrestwolf, long time since we've talked here and I'm so sorry to read of your health issues and your Dad's declining health. You're such a super daughter!

I will send healing thoughts your way!

Your friend in Savannah.......come see me!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Dear Forrestwolf 

I cannot imagine all that you're going thru, but  I can keep you & Dad in my prayers, God Bless you both

Trusted Contributor

TELL ME WHERE!!!!!!! I am not that far from you, and do so love me some Savannah......Woman Happy My little fur one was named Savannah, and my dad called her Ms Chatham county, just as he calls me Fannie Farkle, for whatever reason.........Woman Indifferent

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

TELL ME WHERE!!!!!!! I am not that far from you, and do so love me some Savannah......Woman Happy My little fur one was named Savannah, and my dad called her Ms Chatham county, just as he calls me Fannie Farkle, for whatever reason.........Woman Indifferent

Understand........I truly am not asking you to put your direct location out there.........

Honored Contributor

Re: I am not sure.........

[ Edited ]

Hey sweet lady!

I live on one of the barrier islands. I'm 10 minutes from downtown Savannah or 10 minutes to the beach. The best of both worlds!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.