Valued Contributor

@aroc3435 @JeanLouiseFinch 

Would you share your recipe please? 

Honored Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@aroc3435 @JeanLouiseFinch 

Would you share your recipe please? 

Sorry, I don't make it.  IMO it's more work than I care to bother with.  I have Kettle & Fire on auto-ship! 

Respected Contributor

@Reconnaissant   Actually, I already, quite a while ago, posted here the recipe I referenced in my reply.  It was by the now deceased food editor for The New York Times, Molly O'Neill, from her The New York Cookbook.

I just did a search but can't locate it in these forums.  I'm in the midst of moving to a new rental townhouse in DC so all my books are packed and are sitting in boxes, yet to be unpacked, at the new location, a block and a half away.

I should be in the new place on the 8th and I will try and unearth it if it doesn't surface here in the meantime.  I use a lot of recipes from that book.  It is one of my my most referenced tomes for cooking and wonderful New York food, ethnic and neighborhoods history.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Respected Contributor

@Reconnaissant   Found it!  I posted it in a thread I initiated.  Its title is My Favorite Chicken Soup--A Refuge.

Hope this helps you.  It truly is a wonderful chicken soup concoction.

Regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Valued Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Reconnaissant   Found it!  I posted it in a thread I initiated.  Its title is My Favorite Chicken Soup--A Refuge.

Hope this helps you.  It truly is a wonderful chicken soup concoction.

Regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Thank you for taking the time to direct us to the thread! 

Best wishes moving!,

Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I make all kind of stocks in my instapot. It takes so little time and it's just as good. When I cool it, it is like jello, lots of collagen. I use it for everything from gumbo to gravies and sometimes eat it just like that. Turkey stock is especially delicious.

Honored Contributor

I have never made beef broth but regularly make chicken stock out carcases from Costco rotisserie chickens.  

Honored Contributor

I was big into making broth, saving stuff in the freezer, etc.  I have come to the conclusion that is simply isn't worth the mess and the effort and the expense for beef because I don't have many beef scraps or bones.