Respected Contributor

Last year I got a stomach virus that only lasted about 24 hours but then I had very little appetite for over a week. And let me assure you that having low appetite is crazy unusual for me! Ha!!! About five days into this my sweet neighbor insisted on bringing me some potato soup. I'm not really a huge fan of potato soup but it was like the best thing I ever put in my mouth. Delicious! I couldn't eat much of it at a time, but every mouthful was just so good. I don't think I will ever forget it!        

Esteemed Contributor

BRAT diet. Clear broth. Just keep him hydrated with low fiber foods for now. When he gets hungry, that tells you he's ready for more variety.

Valued Contributor

Hubby is feeling better. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  Thanks @SXMGirl for recipe, it was delicious.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

I know it isn't the heathiest thing...but, after a stomach bug I like to have Campbell's Tomato Bisque Soup.  I cook a half a cup of so of rice and add it to the soup.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help for Hubby

[ Edited ]

@SandPiper, so glad that you liked it!  I hope that he is feeling better!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I had a spell where I just had NO appitite for a few weeks.  Chicken soup broth and a couple of the noodles was a meal. When I did start wanting to eat, baked, breaded whitefish was good.