Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,944
Registered: ‎04-14-2013

This is a nice recipe - no oil, and the lemon really brightens it up.  Best to process the garlic first and then add everything else.

 

I like to slip some of the skins off the chickpeas for smoothness.

 

I think I'll go make some now!

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 15.55.37.png

Cogito ergo sum
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,706
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Looks yummy.  I'll bet you could sub with black beans and that would be good too. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,165
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

Thank you for this recipe, been looking for one without oil.....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,459
Registered: ‎05-27-2015

@Sweetbay magnolia  Thanks! I'm gong to try this.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 860
Registered: ‎10-05-2012

My favorite hummus recipe has lots of onions in it. Saw a recipe online for chocolate hummus. At first I couldn't figure out what I'd dip into it as I don't eat many pretzels any more.........then wondered if it would be a healthier alternative for Nutella on toast. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,658
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@CinNC wrote:

My favorite hummus recipe has lots of onions in it. Saw a recipe online for chocolate hummus. At first I couldn't figure out what I'd dip into it as I don't eat many pretzels any more.........then wondered if it would be a healthier alternative for Nutella on toast. 


 

 

 

@CinNC 

 

 

i make a hummus with caramelized onions and roasted garlic and it is so delicious! you just have to make sure everyone else around you eats it. LOL

**************************************************
"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,165
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

Question--where in the grocer would I find Tahini?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,644
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

@ScarletDove wrote:

Question--where in the grocer would I find Tahini?


At Wegmans, it is in the International Foods aisle.  At other stores, I'd ask at Customer Service.  It could be almost anywhere, really - condiments, produce, international, etc.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,658
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

Question--where in the grocer would I find Tahini?


At Wegmans, it is in the International Foods aisle.  At other stores, I'd ask at Customer Service.  It could be almost anywhere, really - condiments, produce, international, etc.


 

 

it is in the international food aisles of our local grocery stores.

 

if you have middle eastern stores in your area they should all have it also......and a great place to explore. this is where i usually purchase mine.

 

also available on amazon, walmart, target, and other sources online.

 

it is also not difficult to make!

**************************************************
"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 628
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

This is a nice recipe - no oil, and the lemon really brightens it up.  Best to process the garlic first and then add everything else.

 

I like to slip some of the skins off the chickpeas for smoothness.

 

I think I'll go make some now!

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 15.55.37.png


I made this great recipe last week and have been having it for lunch everyday with assorted veggies.It has kept very well. Wondering if anyone has made Jill's Snickerdoodle Hummus. I might try it, but of course, it would have to be eaten with something other than veggies. Any ideas for something besides sweet foods?