Esteemed Contributor

This is a nice recipe - no oil, and the lemon really brightens it up.  Best to process the garlic first and then add everything else.

I like to slip some of the skins off the chickpeas for smoothness.

I think I'll go make some now!

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 15.55.37.png

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Looks yummy.  I'll bet you could sub with black beans and that would be good too. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you for this recipe, been looking for one without oil.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  Thanks! I'm gong to try this.

Valued Contributor

My favorite hummus recipe has lots of onions in it. Saw a recipe online for chocolate hummus. At first I couldn't figure out what I'd dip into it as I don't eat many pretzels any more.........then wondered if it would be a healthier alternative for Nutella on toast. 

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

My favorite hummus recipe has lots of onions in it. Saw a recipe online for chocolate hummus. At first I couldn't figure out what I'd dip into it as I don't eat many pretzels any more.........then wondered if it would be a healthier alternative for Nutella on toast. 

@CinNC 

i make a hummus with caramelized onions and roasted garlic and it is so delicious! you just have to make sure everyone else around you eats it. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Question--where in the grocer would I find Tahini?

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

At Wegmans, it is in the International Foods aisle.  At other stores, I'd ask at Customer Service.  It could be almost anywhere, really - condiments, produce, international, etc.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

At Wegmans, it is in the International Foods aisle.  At other stores, I'd ask at Customer Service.  It could be almost anywhere, really - condiments, produce, international, etc.

it is in the international food aisles of our local grocery stores.

if you have middle eastern stores in your area they should all have it also......and a great place to explore. this is where i usually purchase mine.

also available on amazon, walmart, target, and other sources online.

it is also not difficult to make!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

This is a nice recipe - no oil, and the lemon really brightens it up.  Best to process the garlic first and then add everything else.

I like to slip some of the skins off the chickpeas for smoothness.

I think I'll go make some now!

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 15.55.37.png

I made this great recipe last week and have been having it for lunch everyday with assorted veggies.It has kept very well. Wondering if anyone has made Jill's Snickerdoodle Hummus. I might try it, but of course, it would have to be eaten with something other than veggies. Any ideas for something besides sweet foods?