Respected Contributor

Turkey, bacon, Swiss on grilled rye, marble or light rye, with a little mayo.  Second is a Rachael, with Cole slaw instead of sauerkraut.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Sandwich 🥪

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 you dont like jelly? How about jam, preserves, conserves, marmalade or fruit butter?

Half my body is made from PB&J toast or sandwiches since i was a little kid i think. I do prefer jam or preserves over jelly.

I love all kinds of sandwiches and subs...its been hard for me to pick one to post about.  Never had Monte Cristo. I forgot about those, i should try it. 

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@QVCkitty1 you dont like jelly? How about jam, preserves, conserves, marmalade or fruit butter?

Half my body is made from PB&J toast or sandwiches since i was a little kid i think. I do prefer jam or preserves over jelly.

I love all kinds of sandwiches and subs...its been hard for me to pick one to post about.  Never had Monte Cristo. I forgot about those, i should try it. 

@LizzieInSRQ , None of the above, they are just too sweet and I'mnot a huge peanut butter fan either. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I love almost every sandwich described here, so I'll add a couple faves of mine that haven't been mentioned.

On a buttered, toasted bolillo, blue cheese and oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, compressed by a good hand smash.

A classic pressed Cuban.

Trusted Contributor

Scrambled egg sandwich with tomato slices and mayo on white bread.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't name just one.  In no particullar order,

Tuna melt on rye

Good turkey (Boars Head), bacon, cheese w/thousand island grilled on rye

Chicken salad w/lettuce on anything

Thanksgiving, turkey, lettuce and Hellmans on white

Grilled cheese w/tomato and either bacon or ham on rye or white

Egg salad or tuna salad w/lettuce on white

A really good sub, either Italian or meatball

Lastly, does a chili dog count as a sandwich?  It has bread and meat after all.

Esteemed Contributor

My mother used to make bread and butter pickles when I was growing up.  I used to always enjoy a simple pickle with mayo sandwich on simple white bread 

Wish I could hav

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite is a real turkey, bacon, avocado w/ some kind of chipotle mayo and lettuce.  A good burger is hard to beat too.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Contributor

The Monte Cristo sandwich my mom made.  She worked at the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas in the kitchen during the '70s and that was always on the menu and she had made thousands of them while working there.  It had ham, turkey, and swiss or gruyere cheese in them and dipped in an egg & milk batter then grilled on both sides until the cheese was hot and gooey.  I love them served with a little cherry compote or other fruit sauce.

Valued Contributor

Grilled Cheese Supreme with a good sturdy bread, mayo,

vine ripe tomatoes sliced just right, grilled onions and real

buttah...