Contributor

Would everyone like to share their favorite chicken recipes?

I have many....here is one:

Chicken Marsala

Ingredients:

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons butter

1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

1/2 cup Marsala wine

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano. Dredge chicken in the mixture to lightly coat. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken in the skillet for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chicken over, and add mushrooms. Cook about 2 minutes, until other side of chicken is lightly browned. Stir mushrooms so that they cook evenly. Pour Marsala wine over the chicken. Cover skillet, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve with rice or over pasta.

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Chicken Recipes

I am not a very confident cook but this is one recipe that I make consistently that I just love:

Shake and Bake Chicken

• 3 pounds cut up chicken
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp sage
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup butter

• Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  • Mix flour, salt, paprika, sage and pepper together in a bag. Add chicken parts in a bag and shake until well coated.
  • Melt butter/margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish in the preheated oven. Place chicken in the baking dish skin side down and bake for 20 minutes. Turn pieces and bake another 20 minutes until tender and juices run clear.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We love Chicken Marsala. I haven't found a recipe that tasted as good as when I order it in a restaurant. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of chicken breasts but love thighs.

EASY CHICKEN ADOBO

1 T oil
6 bone in skinless chicken thighs
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 t black peppercorns
1 bay leaf

Heat oil in pan over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned (about 5 minutes). Turn over and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from pan.

Pour off all but 1 T of pan drippings and return to low heat. Add garlic and sauté until soft (about 1 minute). Add vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns and bay leaf to pan and stir. Return chicken to pan and cook covered for 20 minutes.

Uncover, increase heat to med-low and cook 15-20 minutes occasionally spooning sauce over chicken.

Trusted Contributor

Greek-Style Lemon Roast Chicken-From Kraft Recipes

What You Need

1 whole roasting chicken (4 lb.)

1 lemon, cut crosswise in half
1/2 cup KRAFT Greek Vinaigrette Dressing

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.

PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

SQUEEZE juice from lemon halves into small bowl; place squeezed halves in chicken cavity. Add dressing to lemon juice; mix well. Drizzle over chicken.

BAKE 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until chicken is done (165°F), basting occasionally with pan juices.

Kraft Kitchens Tips
Serving Suggestion
Serve with a mixed green salad and whole wheat roll.
Variation
Prepare using 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 lb.). Cut each breast crosswise in half; place in shallow baking dish. Prepare dressing mixture as directed; drizzle over chicken. Discard squeezed lemon halves. Bake chicken 45 to 55 min. or until done (165°F), turning occasionally. Makes 8 servings.
Cooking Know-How
To get more juice from citrus fruits, microwave them on HIGH 30 sec. before squeezing.
K:3674v1 :63162
Note: This is a very good recipe, and it is easy to prepare. My husband and I both really like it, and it has become one of our favorite chicken recipes. I usually add a little seasoned salt and pepper to my chicken before roasting, but you may want to taste the salad dressing first, to see if you personally want to add any additional seasonings to your chicken, other than the lemon and the salad dressing.
Super Contributor

Monkey's Chicken..... 1 small package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 large can cream of mushroom soup 1 large can mushrooms, drained 1 large can sliced peaches, drained 4-6 slices low fat or regular Swiss cheese Garlic powder Pepper Put a thin coat of soup on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Place chicken breasts on top. Season generously. Spread remaining soup, mushrooms and peaches across the chicken. Top with Swiss cheese. Bake uncovered in 350 oven for 45 minutes. Enjoy! Note....i sometimes use more chicken for leftovers and use a 13 x 9 dish....just add more of the ingredients.
Regular Contributor

On 4/2/2015 luvpoos said:

We love Chicken Marsala. I haven't found a recipe that tasted as good as when I order it in a restaurant. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks.

A good tip that I have found makes Chicken Marsala taste so delicious that my cousin who is a chef taught me is to use beef stock with the Marsala wine. Many recipes call for a little chicken stock, but the beef stock gives it a nice richness and brown color. I use Better Than Bouillon Beef.

Honored Contributor

My whole family likes Jill Bauer's Santa Fe Glazed Chicken with Goat Cheese. I saw her make it last year on one of her "You're Home with Jill" shows, and I've made it many times since!

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 Tbsp butter
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1 (10-oz) jar red chile jelly
  • 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled

Preparation:

1. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Roll the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess. Set aside.
  2. In a heavy skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Lightly sauté the celery, onions, and parsley. Remove the veggies from pan with a slotted spoon and reserve.
  3. In the same pan, sauté the chicken until lightly browned in the remaining butter and oil. Sprinkle the reserved vegetables on top of each chicken breast. Add the stock, then cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
  4. Remove the skillet from the heat and spread each breast with jelly and sprinkle with cheese. Broil until the jelly melts. (The cheese won't melt, but will brown slightly.)
Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2015 tiamaria said:
On 4/2/2015 luvpoos said:

A good tip that I have found makes Chicken Marsala taste so delicious that my cousin who is a chef taught me is to use beef stock with the Marsala wine. Many recipes call for a little chicken stock, but the beef stock gives it a nice richness and brown color. I use Better Than Bouillon Beef.

Thanks for the tip tiamaria. I will have to try it that way. I just need to get the wine this weekend.

Trusted Contributor

Crispy Parmesan Chicken-From Cooks.com

3 lbs. frying chicken in pieces
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp. milk
3/4 c. cornflakes crumbs (or bread crumbs)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese (you can use the shaker-type cheese in the can if you want to)
Wash and dry chicken. Dip chicken in egg and water mixture. Roll chicken in cornflakes crumbs and Parmesan cheese mixture. Place in single layer, skin side up of a well greased shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about a hour or until tender. Do not cover or turn chicken while baking.
Note: This is a good recipe. You should be able to find the Corn Flake Crumbs by the bread crumbs in your grocery store. I think that they are what make this recipe unique.