Respected Contributor

I wish I had a good bar cookie recipe for you, but I usually don't make bar cookies.  I have dabbled with a linzer torte bar cookie but it was tedious.

But one of the many standard cookies at our weddings here in SW Pennsylvania is a Peanut Butter Blossom cookie.  I don't have a recipe but you can easily get one by googling.   It is a pretty standard recipe and seems easy to make and people enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

I am Italian and from SW PA. There is always a cookie table at our weddings. Dozens of types of cookies in addition to the wedding cake.

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

fruit kabobs

93ee35e068913e185d0a75101e7976ee--individual-fruit-cups-individual-appetizers.jpg

Wow!  These look great!...and so simple...I might use them for my next party! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

I am Italian and from SW PA. There is always a cookie table at our weddings. Dozens of types of cookies in addition to the wedding cake.

Don't you just love the cookie tables.  My husband has great niece getting married in March and already plans for baking the various types of cookies has started.  Sadly it may be a dying tradition in his family as most of us cookie bakers are getting up in age. 

Honored Contributor

Cupcakes are always a nice treat.  I don't bake large amounts of anything.  Just a dozen 'this and that'.  So, I'd probably buy a few dozen cupcakes from our local supermarket bakery.   Maybe Costco has better prices.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

o to 'groups for growlies'  and look at the recipes'

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Sweet for wedding?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Gemmy wrote:

I need to make some sweets for a wedding in August - for about 100 people.  Someone is doing brownies and someone doing cookies - any suggestions for a bar type sweet?  TIA

Jane

@Gemmy

Wait .....   is this a pot luck wedding?   

Here they would have the health department come. (if they found out about a wedding potluck) Public and private events they are so picky. IMO the main concern is that all the food is kept at right temperatures etc. 100 people is a lot with uncatered cooking. Op said they are having BBQ.

how about a Fruit bowl..

Honored Contributor

DH remembers many years ago going to a potluck wedding. He said the food was fab. There was also a sign that said to check something at the door. If I say what I might get poofed. It began w/ a G.

Regular Contributor

I make mini cheesecakes in mini muffin tins. I make regular, chocolate, marble, rhubarb, mint, banana, lemon. Top with fruit, drizzled chocolate, nuts..endless choices.  I buy mini muffin/cupcake liners--paper or foil, in different colors and designs for every season or holiday imaginable.  My recipe makes 6-7 dozen so I get a lot from just 1 batch. Everyone loves them and they are very festive