Valued Contributor

Lookup Mexican wedding cookies. Allrecipes.com have them. They are delicious and easy to make. I've made them so many times.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Sweet for wedding?

[ Edited ]

Another suggestion for cupcakes. I've been to several weddings that have passed on the traditional cake & served simply decorated cupcakes. At an outdoor wedding they were white or chocolate with a white swirled frosting & pearl jimmies. You can make them elegant or simple & everyone seemed to enjoy them. If the cupcakes are a pass then lemon bars dusted with powdered sugar would be nice. Best Wishes to the happy couple.

Respected Contributor

@Gemmy

In addition to the wedding cake or no wedding cake?

Honored Contributor

Have seen ideas of self serve candy tables 

Pinterest would have ideas on that 

I'm not a baker so just the though of 100 cupcakes is too much for me 😯

Honored Contributor

@Gemmy wrote:

I need to make some sweets for a wedding in August - for about 100 people.  Someone is doing brownies and someone doing cookies - any suggestions for a bar type sweet?  TIA

Jane

@Gemmy

Wait .....   is this a pot luck wedding?   

Trusted Contributor

Cake pops would be fun, and different.  HSN had a Cake Pop Maker on a couple weeks ago.  You can make 35 at a time, and takes 5 minutes.

Frequent Contributor

How about some after dinner mints?  You could wrap a small handful in some tulle and ribbon and coordinate it with the bride's colors. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen recipes for mini pecan pie tarts and for pecan pie type bar cookies.  Either of those should be great!

Respected Contributor
What about melt away cookies? They are easy to do in several flavors and disappear so you won't have to worry about leftovers.
Respected Contributor

Creme Puffs...very easy to make