Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 @That’s exactly what I do....but I started using dill relish because it has fewer carbs. This thread is making me want some right now!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I learned to make these eons ago as DH loved them.

I personally can't stand them but made them for him!

Regular Contributor

Try adding blue cheese dressing  or dry or wet  ranch seasoning/dresing,  it kicks them up a bit.

Valued Contributor

@x Hedge:  I use to use Miracle Whip in any mayo based rescipe.  One day I tried Hellman's and I've been hooked for approximately 23 years.  Hellman's for me!  To each his own.

Esteemed Contributor

@JCF wrote:

@x Hedge:  I use to use Miracle Whip in any mayo based rescipe.  One day I tried Hellman's and I've been hooked for approximately 23 years.  Hellman's for me!  To each his own.

My MIL used Hellman's, and I vividly recall tasting it for the first time in my mid-20's.   😩Eesch!

But I smiled and kept eating.

Honored Contributor

My grandmother made them with deviled ham - as a child I always thought that was why they were called deviled eggs.  Just mayo, Dijon mustard, egg yolks, deviled ham and salt and pepper. 

Sometimes I substitute smoked salmon for the deviled ham.  

Respected Contributor

My MIL always used Miracle Whip which DH hated Man Mad.  I grew up with mayo and always stuck with it.  IMHO there is no "bad" deviled eggs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Deviled Eggs

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Nothing too exotic about my recipe, my husband doesn't like a spicy deviled egg:

6 hard-boiled eggs

3 tbsp mayonnaise

1 tsp Dijon mustard

1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar

Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Dash of hot sauce

@deepwaterdotter 

DH makes it similar to yours. He uses miracle whip instead of mayo, regular mustard, salt, tiger sauce plus smoked paprika.

Honored Contributor

I never made them.  Finally gave away the deviled egg dishes I rec'd as wedding gifts a thousand years ago!

I never could find a method for hard boiling the eggs that didn't give me fits trying to peel them!  yes, I tried everybodies suggestions!

Fast forward to last year...got me an IP.  Gave hard boiled eggs one more shot!  VOILA!

Perfect peeling, fast and easy method.

Eggs on the rack

1 cup of water

6-8 mins high pressure (depending on how hard you like your yolks.  6 mins. works for me)

Quick release pressure

Remove eggs to an ice bath.

Now I make them constantly. 

Last couple of times, we smoked them.  Peel, leave whole and smoke for 20 mins.  Then slice and make your yolk filling.

Wowza!  Really different and good flavor.  Everyone wants them smoked now!

Question:  I was making a mess trying to put the yolk mixture in them w/ a spoon, They just were not 'pretty'

So I use my Wilton Cake Decorating tool...but sometimes the 'goodies' inside (relish, little chopped things etc) get clogged in the tips.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I never made them.  Finally gave away the deviled egg dishes I rec'd as wedding gifts a thousand years ago!

I never could find a method for hard boiling the eggs that didn't give me fits trying to peel them!  yes, I tried everybodies suggestions!

Fast forward to last year...got me an IP.  Gave hard boiled eggs one more shot!  VOILA!

Perfect peeling, fast and easy method.

Eggs on the rack

1 cup of water

6-8 mins high pressure (depending on how hard you like your yolks.  6 mins. works for me)

Quick release pressure

Remove eggs to an ice bath.

Now I make them constantly. 

Last couple of times, we smoked them.  Peel, leave whole and smoke for 20 mins.  Then slice and make your yolk filling.

Wowza!  Really different and good flavor.  Everyone wants them smoked now!

Question:  I was making a mess trying to put the yolk mixture in them w/ a spoon, They just were not 'pretty'

So I use my Wilton Cake Decorating tool...but sometimes the 'goodies' inside (relish, little chopped things etc) get clogged in the tips.

Anyone have any suggestions?

@RespectLife , use a larger tip or chop ingredients smaller to avoid ingredients getting clogged in the tip.