Honored Contributor

🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

Whether you make it from scratch or use the whole berry in the can, add a generous glug of Grand Mariner .  It adds that orange touch and a little kick, trust me it's good and have a Happy Thanksgiving ! 🦃 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

we make our own....cranberries, raspberries, granny smith apples, zest of orange......and always grand marnier OR cointreau OR napoleon mandarin liqueur (orange juice if you prefer to keep it alcohol free.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

we make our own....cranberries, raspberries, granny smith apples, zest of orange......and always grand marnier OR cointreau OR napoleon mandarin liqueur (orange juice if you prefer to keep it alcohol free.)

@sunshine45 , Thanks for reminding me about Mandarin Napoleon.  Growing up we always had it on the holidays. My dad always called it gasoline because it burned a bit, but a little after dinner hit the spot. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a family fresh cranberry recipe that goes back to the late 1800s.  Cranberry Ice takes several days to prepare and ends up similar to a sorbet. Mom used to make it for Christmas and Thanksgiving. My son took over the job after she passed. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Whether you make it from scratch or use the whole berry in the can, add a generous glug of Grand Mariner .  It adds that orange touch and a little kick, trust me it's good and have a Happy Thanksgiving ! 🦃 

How do you add it to can cranberry sauce? Do you mix it?

My mom makes homemade cranberry sauce. It would be easy to add to that but the can one, we usually slice.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Always make it fresh, it is so easy!  Love the suggestions to add GM or apple...I've always added oj/orange zest.  Happy holidays!

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

How do you add it to can cranberry sauce? Do you mix it?

My mom makes homemade cranberry sauce. It would be easy to add to that but the can one, we usually slice.

@Starpolisher , If you use canned , you will have to use the whole berry as I mentioned, and just mix it in. 

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I make cranberry sauce and add dried cherries to it as well a slosh of cranberry flavored rum----oh baby---really good on turkey sammies!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be the first to admit I open the can on both ends and slide into an eloongate crystal bowl that it fits into perfectly then slice.  Don't touch my Ocean Spray.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Each year I make RUM CRANBERRY SAUCE. After taking the berries boiled in sugar & water off the cooktop, I add rum, raisins and chopped nuts.

Happy holidays!

-Solar Smiley Happy