Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,251
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

Whether you make it from scratch or use the whole berry in the can, add a generous glug of Grand Mariner .  It adds that orange touch and a little kick, trust me it's good and have a Happy Thanksgiving ! 🦃 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,654
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

we make our own....cranberries, raspberries, granny smith apples, zest of orange......and always grand marnier OR cointreau OR napoleon mandarin liqueur (orange juice if you prefer to keep it alcohol free.)

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,251
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃


@sunshine45 wrote:

we make our own....cranberries, raspberries, granny smith apples, zest of orange......and always grand marnier OR cointreau OR napoleon mandarin liqueur (orange juice if you prefer to keep it alcohol free.)


@sunshine45 , Thanks for reminding me about Mandarin Napoleon.  Growing up we always had it on the holidays. My dad always called it gasoline because it burned a bit, but a little after dinner hit the spot. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,182
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

[ Edited ]

We have a family fresh cranberry recipe that goes back to the late 1800s.  Cranberry Ice takes several days to prepare and ends up similar to a sorbet. Mom used to make it for Christmas and Thanksgiving. My son took over the job after she passed. 

 

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,877
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃


@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Whether you make it from scratch or use the whole berry in the can, add a generous glug of Grand Mariner .  It adds that orange touch and a little kick, trust me it's good and have a Happy Thanksgiving ! 🦃 


How do you add it to can cranberry sauce? Do you mix it?

My mom makes homemade cranberry sauce. It would be easy to add to that but the can one, we usually slice.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,055
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

Always make it fresh, it is so easy!  Love the suggestions to add GM or apple...I've always added oj/orange zest.  Happy holidays!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,251
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃


@Starpolisher wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Whether you make it from scratch or use the whole berry in the can, add a generous glug of Grand Mariner .  It adds that orange touch and a little kick, trust me it's good and have a Happy Thanksgiving ! 🦃 


How do you add it to can cranberry sauce? Do you mix it?

My mom makes homemade cranberry sauce. It would be easy to add to that but the can one, we usually slice.


@Starpolisher , If you use canned , you will have to use the whole berry as I mentioned, and just mix it in. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,422
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

I make cranberry sauce and add dried cherries to it as well a slosh of cranberry flavored rum----oh baby---really good on turkey sammies!!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,185
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

I'll be the first to admit I open the can on both ends and slide into an eloongate crystal bowl that it fits into perfectly then slice.  Don't touch my Ocean Spray.  LOL


Valued Contributor
Posts: 803
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

Each year I make RUM CRANBERRY SAUCE. After taking the berries boiled in sugar & water off the cooktop, I add rum, raisins and chopped nuts.

Happy holidays!

 

-Solar Smiley Happy