Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cottage Cheese Roast recipe (from Lisa Robertson)

If it has ""roast"" in the title it better have meat in the recipe!!

Respected Contributor

Here is a photo of it from her facebook page.

'I just made my favorite thing in the whole world, my Moms vegetarian casserole. I could eat the whole thing myself! Takes me back to my childhood :)'

Trusted Contributor

Well the picture looks better than the recipe sounds. I'd try it if someone made it. I don't know if I would do it myself.

Honored Contributor

I saw the handwritten recipe on the below link.

https://www.facebook.com/Lisa.Robertson.07/photos/a.374371186062120.1073741829.371337499698822/4205...

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2015 tiny 2 said:

Here is a photo of it from her facebook page.

'I just made my favorite thing in the whole world, my Moms vegetarian casserole. I could eat the whole thing myself! Takes me back to my childhood :)'

Oh no - you just had to post the pic too ! mmm - looks good to me.

Thank You

Contributor

I added the whole package of Lipton onion soup mix, but less would be okay, too. The onions add enough flavor. It reheats nicely in the microwave. This recipe makes a lot, it could probably be cut down by using less ingredients, unless you need it for a big crowd!

Trusted Contributor

Here's a cottage cheese recipe that may be more appealing than ""roast"". Cottage Cheese Herb Biscuits:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/want-perfectly-tender-light-biscuits-dorie-greenspan-ha...

Honored Contributor

Definitely sounds like some kind of kugel to me. I almost never make one, but in the house I grew up in, kugels with egg noodles, cottage cheese, sour cream, and way too much butter for my current stomach that were baked to a crispy top were a special treat. Mom's had no sugar, no pineapple, no cherries, etc. although those her sisters made all had those additions and I never saw leftovers in their houses either.

Not sure how this one might taste. It doesn't disgust me, but I think I'd go for my mom's recipe before this one.

Honored Contributor

I read that the Washington broth is sold on Amazon.
Respected Contributor

Do you think cornflakes would work as well as Special K? and in the picture it looks like the cereal was used as a topping..but the recipe says its mixed in..

I t really does look like a kugel...