Respected Contributor

Re: Cottage Cheese Roast recipe (from Lisa Robertson)

If you are in Southern California, Stater Brothers sells G Washington broth/seasoning mix..My Dad swore by it for everything, and I am so glad to b able to get it- I had a macaroni salad that used it and GW really IS unique....

Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Mothertrucker said:

If you are in Southern California, Stater Brothers sells G Washington broth/seasoning mix..My Dad swore by it for everything, and I am so glad to b able to get it- I had a macaroni salad that used it and GW really IS unique....

Mothertrucker,

Could you share that recipe?

Trusted Contributor

Good grief, I think this wins the prize for worst recipe I've ever heard.lol.
Trusted Contributor

This sounds terrible.

Valued Contributor

On 3/11/2015 Writer with Flair said:

Thanks so much for your help--especially on the number of ounces of cottage cheese. I cannot find the George Washington broth mix and will use a low-sodium mix I get at whole foods instead. Could you tell me how many ounces of teaspoons or tablespoons of the GW broth mix I would need to substitute? I really would appreciate it. Thanks.

Writer with Flair,

The George Washington broth packets are one ounce each. If you can't find them in a store, and want to order them, Amazon sells them. Here is the link to the single packs from Amazon. I don't know how to post a link you can click on, but you can copy and paste this.

http://www.amazon.com/Washingtons-Seasoning-Broth-Golden-Ounce/dp/B00168AAWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

Valued Contributor

YIKES! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I just noticed the price to ship a single pack of the broth. $2.99 for the pack + $4.50 to ship it! It only pays to buy it in bulk, ($2.50 per pack, and free shipping if you're a Prime member) but unless you need 12 packs of brown and chicken gravy/broth, I think it's better to substitute something else, or keep trying to find it locally.

Contributor

This is the first time I posted on a recipe thread- How can civilized
ladies turn this into a hateful discussion- Gross, Icky mess, Disgusting, Prize for the worst recipe.

Don't worry Ladies- I will NEVER post here again. I know all posts on QVC Trash people,

hosts, QVC in general. I did not know that RECIPE threads brought out all the
"tasteless comments" pun intended.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2015 jewelrymaven22 said:

This is the first time I posted on a recipe thread- How can civilized
ladies turn this into a hateful discussion- Gross, Icky mess, Disgusting, Prize for the worst recipe.

Don't worry Ladies- I will NEVER post here again. I know all posts on QVC Trash people,

hosts, QVC in general. I did not know that RECIPE threads brought out all the
"tasteless comments" pun intended.

Well I appreciate you posting this recipe. I think is sounds very interesting and I'm going to give it a try.
Super Contributor

It does sound interesting, and it's nice to have so many different choices. Thank you for sharing this recipe! :0)
Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 lory said:
On 3/12/2015 jewelrymaven22 said:

This is the first time I posted on a recipe thread- How can civilized<br /> ladies turn this into a hateful discussion- Gross, Icky mess, Disgusting, Prize for the worst recipe.

hosts, QVC in general. I did not know that RECIPE threads brought out all the<br /> "tasteless comments" pun intended.

Well I appreciate you posting this recipe. I think is sounds very interesting and I'm going to give it a try.

I went back and read through again twice and did not see where the thread turned ugly. Not a big fan of cottage cheese myself I wonder do you mean those type of posts? Come back soon if you can we love to share here.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."