Trusted Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@El from NJ @Group 5 minus 1 @GloriBee ...

I googled "Crockpot Italian Beef" and found this info...It is basically a beef roast that has been well seasoned with garlic, parsley, oregano, etc...and simmered in a slow cooker....It comes out really tender and sounds delicious!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16427/slow-cooker-italian-beef-for-sandwiches

Directions · Combine water, salad dressing mix, oregano, basil, parsley, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper in a saucepan. Stir well, ...

@MyShadowLove , thank you!  You are the best!  Thank you for going to all that trouble.  That sounds good!

Gloria 

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@GloriBee instead of making homemade  I am buying beef in containers.i Sautee green peppers  and add.yes,chicago is known for italian beef.its easy,and very tasty. I buy deli rolls for my bread.

@Luvsmyfam , thank you!  Sounds good!

Gloria

Honored Contributor

We'll be traveling for NY weekend.  Friday night, I knows we're having Portillo's Italian Beef. There will be chips, peppers, but I'm now sure what sides.  I'm bringing a double batch of my usual KF Broccoli Cauliflower Salad.  I wouldn't eat it, but you might enjoy a good pasta salad as a side with your Italian Beef,