Honored Contributor

I literally laughed out loud when I got this email just now but after looking through the recipes I got it.  Some terrific ways to lighten up casserole favorites (I am all in on that cauliflower pizza one):

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g3188/healthy-casseroles/?src=nl&mag=del&list=nl_dnl_news...

Honored Contributor

Re: Casserole Cleanse You Say?

@momtochloe  Yup, thanks for the laugh....I would need a cleanse if I ate any of those foods!  I did make a cauliflower pizza once....the crust is in the frozen section at Costco and  TJs.  I put tomato sauce on top with sauted mushrooms, artichokes, and crushed pineapple.  It was an interesting experiment, not bad, but wouldn't repeat.  

Honored Contributor

Lol!  I was thinking, well, *that’s a new one!”

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe Guuuurl!  These are great!  Especially the Mexican ones - my teen son loves Mexican food.  I am trying to do vegetarian for me and many of these will foot the bill, while the fam eats a side of meat.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe Thanks. These will go well with my diet for my pancreas.

Hope you are well.

I was taking some time off from the forums but had to post a Thank You for this site. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 good to see/hear from you my friend and I glad that recipes will work for your special diet.  I hope you are feeling well and staying warm . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the link @momtochloe.  There are a couple of interesting ones there. I've lost 10 pounds since Christmas, just cutting out flour and sugar, but I am allowed grains like quinoa, barley, rice.  The trick is making the food interesting enough that my husband wil eat it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 10 pounds, that's wonderful!  Congratulations my friend and I hope you find something delicious, nutritious and something you both can equally enjoy!