Honored Contributor

Miracle whip for Hellmans Mayo?  Making vegetable pizza and I really do not want to run to the store today, thanks!

Respected Contributor

I'm not a cook in any sense, all I can say is they have 2 different tastes. I think M. Whip is  sweeter than mayo.Only way you'll know is to try it.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 I do have sour cream on hand and thought maybe do 1/2 sourcream and 1/2 Miracle whip.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs, can't hurt to try. Personally, I just buy mircowave pizza. Good luck and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

There are recipes that depend on the oil in real mayonnaise to serve a function.  Miracle Whip is starch-based and doesn't have the oil.  I never heard of putting mayo on pizza so I have no idea if it will affect the final result.  You'll have to decide.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs Never heard of using mayo in pizza. I personally hate Miracle Whip!

Honored Contributor

You probably could but it would certainly not have the same flavor. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Can I substitute....

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 ...Vegetable pizza is a cold appetizer made with crescent rolls (dough is unrolled and pinched at the seams and baked to form the crust)...the mayonaise is spread on the baked crust and fresh veggies are added to the top....chill, cut and serve. . 

There is also philly cream cheese and ranch dressing (dry packet) added to the mayo.

Honored Contributor

Put some lemon juice or vinegar in the Miracle Whip and you should be fine!  

Respected Contributor

Use a creamy salad dressing or vinagerette instead

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kachina624 ...Vegetable pizza is a cold appetizer made with crescent rolls (dough is unrolled and pinched at the seams and baked to form the crust)...the mayonaise is spread on the baked crust and fresh veggies are added to the top....chill, cut and serve. . 

There is also philly cream cheese and ranch dressing (dry packet) added to the mayo.