Honored Contributor

Re: CAKE BAKERS HELP, PLEASE

@toja 

Thank you! I will investigate!!

Feel free to use this thread, I'd love the info on homemade Ferrero Rocher also!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

I have recently had 2 Hazelnut Chocolate Cakes that had a crispy layer inside.

Not chopped nuts.  Almost like the wafers inside a Kit Kat.

I was gifted M74210  the Geof Z Chocolate Hazelnut Cake. 

"Crunchy chocolate hazelnut strip cake is smooth and creamy with a hint of crispness"

It's that crispness I am trying to recreate.   I am not looking for a cake recipe....I am looking for whatever that 'crispness' is inside I can add to my current recipes.  Wafers to buy?

I googled and Amz like crazy and nothing looked right.  Lots of wafer cookies sold I suppose I could use....but I just keep thinking there must be a baking item I am unaware of.

Thought of using pizzelles, but they would get soggy inside a cake.  Both these cakes...the crispy crunch remained.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!  Thank you!

@RespectLife Rice Crispies?Oblatne wafers, sometimes they're called oblatne torte wafers? Pieces of ice cream cones or fuillettes. 

Respected Contributor

The Dacquoise that @toja mentions was my thought as well.  I see that there is a video for the strip cake. I know they "Chat up the product" during the presentation.  Maybe they say what the crispy layer is in the video. 

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

The Dacquoise that @toja mentions was my thought as well.  I see that there is a video for the strip cake. I know they "Chat up the product" during the presentation.  Maybe they say what the crispy layer is in the video. 

Thanks...I actually watched the presentation live but didn't hear them mention...just kept saying krispy.

I have noted Dacquoise  thanks to you and @toja 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Mindy D 

I do have Oblatne wafers saved in my Amz...and I just saw on the Baking Show that someone mentioned fuillettes.

The ice cream cone idea is a new one!  Thanks!  I could try reg ones or maybe the Sugar Cake Cones.

I made a choc cake yesty for Mother's Day and crushed Kit Kats for the middle layers.

Good, but not quite it, LOL!