Respected Contributor

I know this is a longshot but thought I would try.

When I was young, on special occasions, my grandmother made a yellow Jiffy cake with the Jiffy white frosting.  These were so special to me.

I was telling my grandchildren about them andy they asked if I could make one.

I found the Jiffy cake on Amazon but could not find the Jiffy frosting anywhere.

Does anyone have a recipe from decades ago that might copy what that frosting was?  I seem to recall it had a marshmallow taste.

Thank you!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

Screenshot_20210509-123939.png

Respected Contributor

I don’t think Jiffy makes their frosting mixes anymore.   They aren’t listed at all on their website.  You could try making a 7 minute frosting recipe (I don’t personally have the recipe but lots online).  It is more of a marshmallow texture/taste. 

Respected Contributor

Jiffy Frostings were the greatest!  Sadly they don't make them anymore.  I miss them.

Honored Contributor

Chocolate and Buttercream recipes from Jiffy's website. 

JIFFY_Mix-Buttercream_Frosting_Recipes.pdf (jiffymix.com)

Valued Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I know this is a longshot but thought I would try.

When I was young, on special occasions, my grandmother made a yellow Jiffy cake with the Jiffy white frosting.  These were so special to me.

I was telling my grandchildren about them andy they asked if I could make one.

I found the Jiffy cake on Amazon but could not find the Jiffy frosting anywhere.

Does anyone have a recipe from decades ago that might copy what that frosting was?  I seem to recall it had a marshmallow taste.

Thank you!

I found this information on line from the people who make Jiffy products.  Hope it helps.

Buttercream Frosting Recipes:

Here are a couple of buttercream frosting recipes we hope you will enjoy. Although they differ from our original frosting mixes, we have created them as an alternative for the "JIFFY"Fudge Frosting and "JIFFY"White Frosting mixes, which have been discontinued due to insufficient consumer demand.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

(Makes 2-1/2 cups)1-1/2 sticks butter, softened1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted2-1/2 cups powdered sugar1/4 cup milk1 tsp. vanilla extractBeat butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and beat an additional 2 to 3 minutesor until smooth.Variation:Add 1 teaspoon ofgranulatedsugar to create an old fashion textured frosting.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

(Makes 2-1/2 cups)1-1/2 sticks butter, softened3 cups powdered sugar1/4 cup milk1 tsp. vanilla extract*Beat butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and beat an additional 2 to 3 minutesor until smooth. Add food coloring if desired. Variation:Add 1 teaspoon ofgranulatedsugar to create an old fashion textured frosting.*For a whiter frosting, use clear vanilla flavor in place of the vanilla extract

Respected Contributor

Many thanks for the help!  It is appreciated.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF