Contributor

Trisha Yearwood has a good one too. I sub out the sunflower for pumpkin seeds. 

Honored Contributor

Love it.

Honored Contributor

I will never see the word broccoli again without thinking of those worms.  I told a friend about this and she says she always soaks her broccoli in salt water first.  But in a few weeks I'll be over this squeamishness and will try this recipe.  

Trusted Contributor
I have this recipe but mine calls for less cheese and bacon. Also, has shredded carrots and pimentos, yummy
Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I will never see the word broccoli again without thinking of those worms.  I told a friend about this and she says she always soaks her broccoli in salt water first.  But in a few weeks I'll be over this squeamishness and will try this recipe.  

@depglass, ME TOO. I think I will not be able to eat it for awhile and only if I prepare it.

Esteemed Contributor

My recipe uses one crown of broccoli and a small head of cauliflower cut into bite size pieces.  I kind of eyeball the amount of bacon, cheese and onion.  I throw in sunflower seeds in ours.   Lasts several days in the fridge if there are leftovers or if you are making for a smaller number of people.  Great salad!

Trusted Contributor

I love this salad.  It's frequently my go-to recipe for potlucks.  I usually add bow-tie pasta to make it go further for a large crowd.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That sounds really good, though I'd leave out the raisins and sunflower seeds.  Love that you scanned one of your own recipe cards.