Honored Contributor

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

[ Edited ]

I'm doing a lot of vegetaran stuff these days ... just took out a pan of roasted Brussels Sprouts.

Prepare as necessary if you use fresh - remove outer leaves, riinse, slice big ones in half.  I just buy the frozen ones.

1.  Toss with salt, pepper and olive oil.

2.  Roast at 400 degrees for 40 min ... turning occasionally.

3.  When done, drizzle with maple syrup!  Delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Roasted Brussels Sprouts

i've been on a roasted brussel sprouts binge!  drizzling with balsamic vinegar glaze is also very good....available at grocery store....i use it on a lot of different foods.....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 

Same binge here!

I like to make a balsamic vinegar / honey reduction.  It takes five minutes to boil down a bit. 

Fantastic on almost everything ... absolutely heavenly on roasted sweet potatoes!

Esteemed Contributor

400 degrees for 40 mins - that's got to be good.  Never had them jazzed up - s/p & butter normal stuff.  Going to write that one down and when I see fresh moist brussels in the store or market   (not dried looking) gonna bring some home.

I love veggies - just chickpeas in a can = don't excite.

Keep bring good ideas!

Honored Contributor

I have had Brussels sprouts this way and they are delicious.  I need to eat more vegetables and will again try these !

Honored Contributor

@spiderw 

Make a roasted veggie medley!  

You can cut up all sorts of stuff ... beets, carrots, onions, white and sweet potatoes .... whatever you like.

Roast them all with oil / salt / pepper ..... and drizzle you favorite stuff over.  I've even heated up some salad dressing ...  Italian / Honey Mustard / Sweet Onion Ranch / eetc.

Honored Contributor

THAT SOUNDS VERY GOOD, ALRATIBA, AND EASY!  THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT, IT IS APPRECIATED!!!!

Honored Contributor

Roasted Brussels Sprouts (without anything)

taste so sweet & yummy! Love those little cabbages.

Trusted Contributor

I love the fresh ones roasted but when I have extra fresh ones, I take the leaves off and use them as salad greens or add them to any other salad greens.  It adds a different taste and crunch to a garden salad.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@nana59 

Same binge here!

I like to make a balsamic vinegar / honey reduction.  It takes five minutes to boil down a bit. 

Fantastic on almost everything ... absolutely heavenly on roasted sweet potatoes!

Would that be equal parts balsamic vinegar and honey @ALRATIBA ?  Do you use any other ingredients?  This sounds really good.  I'll bet I'd love it on salmon.