Valued Contributor

Anyone have an instant pot cookbook they would recommend for daily family meals?

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Instant pot cookbook?

@patticakes wrote:

Anyone have an instant pot cookbook they would recommend for daily family meals?

not really 

there are so many websites and pages devoted to the IP that you can get ideas there, 

I took one from the library, found it to be not much help

Occasional Contributor

Try Blue Jean Chef. She has a great web sight also ,always has new ideas. Always simple recipes. Think she just wrote a cookbook on this.

Honored Contributor

@JHS wrote:

Try Blue Jean Chef. She has a great web sight also ,always has new ideas. Always simple recipes. Think she just wrote a cookbook on this.

@patticakes 

I totally agree with @JHS 

ANY recipe by Meredith Laurence, The Blue Jean Chef, is great!

Her website does have tons of recipes for the IP or any pressure cooker.

I also got her Pressure Cooker Cookbook for 99 cents to my Kindle at Amazon.

I signed up for her newsletter, she sends great recipes for all methods of cooking.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes!  Go to this site and try some of Rootitoot's recipes.  If you like them, you can purchase a printed cookbook from the page or a Kindle version is available on Amazon.

https://rootitoot.com/recipes-and-cooking/

I also highly recommend this cookbook available on Amazon and probably at Barnes & Noble.  I checked out many, many IP cookbooks from the library, and of all of them, these are the only 2 I bought.  They are worth it.  Regular, downhome recipes that work.  I also peruse many trusted IP blogging sites.    

51hy+OTcHnL._SX403_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I just received the Instant Pot Basics by Lisa Brady from QVC.  I just perused it, but it looks good to me - I need simple so I think this will get me started.  Though I bought the IP had their first TSV, been putting off using it - felt intimidated.  With the guidance of this book gonna start using it now!

Hate trying to follow recipes from online - always have to copy them down.  I'm not a seasoned cook though probably should be and always have to keep going over the recipe as I go along.

Had checked Amazonsmile and got one that I didn't like to I donated it.  Think I'll really like this one from the Q though - even explains how to make yogurt in detail and explains why you should have an extra ring on hand.