Respected Contributor

Avocado Tuna Salad - No Mayo

Shows several chopping techniques. Explains the difference between white and light tuna. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpCnz41AUt8

"Creamy Avocado Tuna Salad" (MacGetOnTrack)

Honored Contributor

Re: Avocado Tuna Salad - No Mayo

Looks good!   I might try this soon...I have everything except for the cilantro.  

I liked when she mentioned the difference in mercury between the light & white tuna.

Valued Contributor

@montana thanks for sharing.  all ingedients i enjoy separately but have never put together in a salad  Video had a lot of useful info.    

Honored Contributor

No Mayo?  I gotta have it & it has to be Hellman's.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the reasons I don't let my Costco membership lapse is their albacore tuna.  Yes it has more mercury, but I'll risk it.  Another reason is the Kirkland white meat chicken breast.  Since we moved 13 years ago the closest Costco is 125 miles away.  I make a pilgrimage a few times a year and order some thing by UPS in between trips.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

No Mayo?  I gotta have it & it has to be Hellman's.

I actually use mayo and avocado.  I just use less mayo.  The avocado does make it very creamy.  I'm a mustard lover, so I also add some spicy mustard to make it a little tangy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I pinned a recipe for Abocado Tuna Salad on Pinterest a couple of years ago.  I've never made it but am going to this summer.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown