1/2 cup Splenda (I used agave)

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup cider vinegar

1 clove garlic minced

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

12 skinless chicken thighs

• Directions
  1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  3. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.

Next Ingredient: Corn

Regular Contributor
Posting from an IPad.....sorry................. Corn & Black Bean Dip 1- can white shoepeg corn 15 oz., drain........ 1- can black beans 15 oz. (rinse black beans)......... 1- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese......... 1- bunch green onions (chopped up stems & all)......... 1/4 cup olive oil......... 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar......... 1/4 cup sugar......... Put the first four ingredients in a bowl....... Mix oil,vinegar,and sugar in separate bowl and pour over the first four ingredients...... Refrigerate for a short time and serve with Freeto OR Tostito scoops.....next ingredient is chocolate chips
Esteemed Contributor
Breakfast Stuffed Strawberries 1 container fresh strawberries vanilla yogurt of choice – about 2 tsp per berry Healthy Graham Crackers or MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS for garnish Clean and core strawberries, add the yogurt then the graham crackers crumbled or the chocolate chips. I add both. Yummy. Sometimes I switch up the flavor of yogurt too. Next ingredient PEAS
Honored Contributor

Pea Pesto Crostini - from Giada

I haven't tried this yet, but I think it would make a nice, light dinner with some simple soup.

• 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices whole-grain baguette or ciabatta bread, preferably day-old (see Cook’s Note)
  • 8 cherry tomatoes, halved, or 1 small tomato, diced

For the pea pesto: Pulse together in a food processor the peas, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add 1/3 cup of the olive oil and continue to mix until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.

For the crostini: Preheat a stovetop griddle or grill pan over medium-high.

Brush both sides of each of the bread slices with the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and grill until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the bread to a platter and spread 1 to 2 tablespoons pesto on each slice. Top each crostini with 2 tomato halves and serve.

Next ingredient: canned crescent rolls

~ house cat ~
Contributor

Pepperoni Squares

2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
2 cups sliced pepperoni
3 or 4 eggs
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
5 tablespoonsRomano cheese

Mix together cheeses, eggs and pepperoni. Set aside.

Spread one package of crescent roll dough onto a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Spread the cheese/pepperoni mixture into the pan
. Cover with the remaining package of crescent roll dough. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown.

NEXT INGREDIENT: MARSHMELLOWS OR MARSHMELLOW FLUFF

Trusted Contributor

This is the absolutely BEST peanut butter fudge I've ever eaten -- and I've eaten a LOT of fudge.

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge

Makes 1 - 9x13 inch dish

4 cups white sugar

1 cup light brown sugar

1/2 cup butter

1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk

1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme

1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup chopped pecans (optional) -- I use them

Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; spread in prepared pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.

Store leftovers (if there are any) in the refrigerator.

Next Ingredient: Raisins or Craisins

Esteemed Contributor

The Best Broccoli Salad

Ingredients

Dressing:

• 3/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Salad:

• 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
  • 1 cup golden raisins (optional) **
  • 3/4 cup sunflower seeds **
  • 1 small shallot or red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Directions

1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat all the ingredients with the sauce. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Right before serving, give the salad another good toss to recombine any dressing that may have settled at the bottom.

** I use Craisins and slivered almonds in mine. Often omit cheese.

Next ingredient: Yellow squash

Trusted Contributor

This isn't a recipe, just a comment -- when I saw Zhills' Yellow Squash I suddenly remembered that we once had a neighbor who said her kids wouldn't eat yellow squash, so she sliced them in half longways and fried them in a light batter and told the kids they were fish. Fish they would eat!

Next Ingredient still: Yellow Squash

Esteemed Contributor

Cute story, HoneyBit. Our local BBQ serves fried yellow squash and they cut the smaller ones lengthwise and make "fish." Tastes great battered and fried!