Esteemed Contributor
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME: 1. The first player of the month starts the game by posting their choice of recipe. At the end of that post he or she should indicate their choice of "Next Ingredient". 2. Throughout the game, the next poster in line must use the ingredient that the person ahead chose. If you can, highlight the ingredient and/or put it in capital letters anywhere that it is used through out the recipe. 3. Because of time or system delays, some duplicate posts occur to the same ingredient. The next poster generally responds to the first post for that ingredient Never did this before I hope I do Forrestwolf proud. I can not do a picture though! I am on an iPad also sorry! PEPPERONI BAKED APPETIZER< 4 eggs beaten< 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni< 2 packages crescent rolls< 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese< Spray a 9x13 pan. Line and seal the pan with 1 package rolls. Layer pepperoni and cheese until it is used up. Pour beaten eggs over the all. Cut second package of rolls into stops and place lattice style over top. Bake at 350 for a half hour or until brown. Great appetizer for holidays. < Next ingredient asparagus
Esteemed Contributor
Gosh I am so sorry how this came out!
Honored Contributor
Thanks for starting us off, digo. I was hoping forrestwolf would feel better and be back. OK.....I don't have a recipe to post so will continue.....NEXT INGREDIENT....ASPARAGUS
Honored Contributor

I'm perfectly content with a plate of oven-roasted asparagus, but that hardly requires a recipe so....

Linguini with Asparagus

1 lb. liguini, cooked
1 qt. 1/2 and 1/2
1/2 stick butter
3/4 to 1 c. grated parmesan cheese
8 oz. pkg. mushrooms
1 cup asparagus, chopped
1/4 cup parsley minced
1 T. black pepper
2 t. salt
1 t. garlic, minced

Saute the asparagus & mushrooms in the butter on low until tender, adding the spices toward the end of sauteing. Then add 1/2 and 1/2 and bring to a boil (not a rapid boil since veggies are already cooked).
Add cooked and drained linguini. Remove from heat and keep adding small amounts of parmesan until desired thickness is achieved.

Serves 4

Next Ingredient: Jicama

Trusted Contributor

I have not made this in years, as I can not get Jicama any more where I live...but this basically what I used to make........

Cabbage and Jicama Slaw

Ingredients

1 bunch cilantro

½ cup sour cream

1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest

3 tablespoons fresh lime juice

½ cup mayonnaise

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

¼ large head of green cabbage, very thinly sliced (about 5 cups)

1 small jicama, peeled, julienned (about 1 cup)

4 scallions, sliced (I DID NOT USE THIS)

Preparation

Separate stems and leaves from cilantro (you should have about ½ cup of each); coarsely chop leaves. Purée cilantro stems, sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice in a blender.

Transfer cilantro mixture to a large bowl and whisk in mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. Toss in cabbage, jicama, scallions, and chopped cilantro leaves.

NEXT INGREDIENT: BOILED EGGS

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

Old Fashioned Potato Salad

"This is potato salad the old fashioned way - with eggs, celery and relish."

Ingredients:

5 potatoes

3 eggs

1 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup sweet pickle relish

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

1/4 teaspoon celery salt

1 tablespoon prepared mustard

ground black pepper to taste

1/4 cup mayonnaise

Directions:

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and chop.

2. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.

3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise. Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.

Next ingredient: Garden peas

Honored Contributor

Not "garden peas" but peas are peas, eh?

Overnight Layered Lettuce Salad

1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn

1 medium green pepper, chopped

1 small sweet red pepper, chopped

1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings

2 cups frozen peas (about 10 oz. bag)

1 cup mayonnaise

2 Tablespoons sugar

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

3/4 cup dried cranberries

In a 3 qt. or 9 x 13" glass dish, layer first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over salad, spreading to cover. Sprinkle top with cheese, bacon and cranberries. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.

NEXT INGREDIENT: GARLIC SALT

Esteemed Contributor

Walker, the frozen round green peas are what I have always known as "garden peas." They are shelled and can be eaten raw or cooked.

Next ingredient: GARLIC SALT

Honored Contributor
Thanks, Zhills, I had not heard of them referred to like that before. Makes them sound better than plain ol' peas!! NEXT INGREDIENT.....GARLIC SALT
Honored Contributor
OK.......no takers for garlic salt.......how about.....NEXT INGREDIENT......BAKING SODA