Honored Contributor

Appetizer - Lasagna Party Ring

I know it's a bit early to start thinking about firing up the oven but I just came across this recipe and thought I would share as I have never seen anything like it before.  I love lasagna and thought it was a great idea for both an appetizer or maybe for those like me that cook for one and could individually freeze the rest:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alvinzhou/want-to-dominate-the-appetizer-game-bust-out-this-lasagna?utm_ter...

Honored Contributor

Re: Appetizer - Lasagna Party Ring

@momtochloe

Another unique recipe for a bundt pan. 

My husband would love this lasagna. 

Thank you 🌹

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @momtochloe!

I love this!   I usually fix lasagna for Christmas dinner but the last two years I have prepared other things because of circumstances.  This year since our grandson will be with his Dad until 6:30, we may just have some "heavy" appetizers and this will fit the bill!   Even if we decide to have a full on dinner, this would be great with a Caeser Salad and garlic bread-thanks so much for sharing!

Esteemed Contributor

WOW! That's an awesome appetizer. Thanks for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

As @mustang66lady said, this is a pretty heavy appetizer but it sure looks good.  I wonder how common it is to serve lasagna at Christmas.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG

I have no idea how common it is to serve lasagna for Christmas; I didn't know anyone did this until I was a married woman!  We usually had roast beef, sometimes a ham, or porkloin for Christmas with all the trimmings.  I started serving lasagna about 15 years ago to keep the "arguing" down between my SIL and her mother.  Long story but it worked great for us.  Life has moved us all on and I don't make it much anymore for Christmas.  In fact, I think the last time I made it, I made the lasagna rolls because they looked more festive and were already portioned.  Woman Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady you have explain how lasagna cuts down on arguing.  I was wondering if they didn't agree on how long to cook the roasts.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG

You have to "understand" my extended family (at least at that time.)   My SIL and her parents were always invited to all our family dinners.   They NEVER reciprocated.   When I would invite them to say, Thanksgiving, they would volunteer to bring a dish.  Upon asking what I would like for them to bring, my SIL and her mother would then begin to argue what was appropriate.   When I asked one of them to supply mashed potatoes for the dinner one year and they agreed to do so, they ended up bringing a bowl of strawberries!   I was amazed.   I worked full time, had teenaged children who were extremely active in school activities that we supported, a big house to take care of, an elderly mother whom I looked after, a husband that traveled weekly out of state, and then to have to depend on them to bring what was asked, I just lost it.   You can't substitute strawberries for mashed potatoes!   Lasagna was something I could prepare in advance, as well as make the dressing for Caesar salad.  Some kind of bread was my only "change" for the meal along with a separate meat (sometimes fried chicken, roast, ham, etc.) to go along with the meal.  I don't like pasta so I would eat the chicken, etc along with the salad and bread.  Most would eat some of the other meat as well.  But if the menu was lasagna, salad and bread, at least I had the foundation of the entire meal and if a bowl of strawberries made an appearance, at least it didn't take away from the meal.  Arguments ended and meal still in tact.  It strickly was a family thing. Hopefully that doesn't exist in other families.  Lasagna or some form of it,  made for a peaceful Christmas at my house! 

Valued Contributor

Love this idea!   It takes a favorite food and adds  a "wow" presentation.  I bet it is a perfect dish to take to a party. I think I'll experiment with veggie and seafood lasagnes, as well. Thank you @momtochloe for sharing.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

I am Canadian and we always have turkey or ham for Christmas...sometimes both.I like the lasagna dinner idea though because it frees the cook up to enjoy the day too.I don't think my family would allow it though.