Respected Contributor

Re: Appetizer - Lasagna Party Ring

That would be good. Hmm, now I MUST buy a bunt pan!! Totally different, never would of thought of that.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

How creative! Thanks for the info.  

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady what a horrible thing for them to do. Glad that's all in the past.  Thanks for the laugh.

Honored Contributor

This is an older post BUT did anyone make this dish....I read the instructions and it seems as if this is eaten cold...is that correct?  And if you made it was it good?  I need a heavy appetizer for Christmas and this might work, thanks.

Honored Contributor

I want to eat that now! It looks so good. Thanks for sharing. My husband loves lasagna though I haven't made it in a long time.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I know it's a bit early to start thinking about firing up the oven but I just came across this recipe and thought I would share as I have never seen anything like it before.  I love lasagna and thought it was a great idea for both an appetizer or maybe for those like me that cook for one and could individually freeze the rest:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alvinzhou/want-to-dominate-the-appetizer-game-bust-out-this-lasagna?utm_ter...

@momtochloe  this looks super tasty. did anyone besides me think, eeeew! when the hand dunked into the bowl of stuff? what ever happened to spooning sauce onto your plate.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I know it's a bit early to start thinking about firing up the oven but I just came across this recipe and thought I would share as I have never seen anything like it before.  I love lasagna and thought it was a great idea for both an appetizer or maybe for those like me that cook for one and could individually freeze the rest:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alvinzhou/want-to-dominate-the-appetizer-game-bust-out-this-lasagna?utm_ter...

@momtochloe  this looks super tasty. did anyone besides me think, eeeew! when the hand dunked into the bowl of stuff? what ever happened to spooning sauce onto your plate.

Ha, ha...I did not notice but I would not have used my hands...BUT...it looks like this is eaten cold...does that seem odd to anyone but me???

Trusted Contributor

I didn't get that this is served cold.  According to the video, after it is assembled, you bake it in the oven.  When done, is when it gets plated, cut and ready to eat.  This would/should be served hot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vickie25... I swear the recipe reads to let it cool in the pan for 1 hour then turn out...that's where I get the 'eating it cold' question....I'll have to go back and re-read.

Edited:  I did re-read, and it states to let it cool about an hour...just not sure it will be good an hour out of the oven??

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

As @mustang66lady said, this is a pretty heavy appetizer but it sure looks good.  I wonder how common it is to serve lasagna at Christmas.  

Would never happen growing up or at our house.  It's ham sandwiches or chicken and dumplings for Christmas Eve; turkey, goose, duck, prime rib roast or standing pork roast for Christmas day.  Once in a while quali and or phesant.