on the side:

half sour pickle 

plain potato knish 

r/food - [I ate] Pastrami on rye with spicy mustard

Crispy, Crunchy Homemade Half Sour Pickles

Valued Contributor

Re: Any Sandwich Meat Eaters Here?

A few of my faves in no particular order are:

Ham, salami and Swiss sub with mayo, lettuce, onions and a bit of oil and vinegar

Ham, Swiss and mayo sandwich

Turkey, mayo, stovetop stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwich

Home grown tomato and mayo sandwiches
Honored Contributor

We eat lunch meat from time to time (baked ham, turkey, roast beef, salami) but we make assorted lettuce wraps instead of bread sandwiches. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We buy  discounted gift cards at Costco for Honey Baked Ham stores in the area.

Occasionally, we make dinner out of our favorite--the Tavern Club.   Honey Baked ham, turkey, cheese, bacon,tomato, lettuce  and honey mustard on multi-grain bread.

That sandwich is so loaded with ham and turkey that I get two meals out of one sandwich.

The local Arby's fast-food joint has a decent version of another favorite of mine--- Reuben on rye with swiss cheese, slaw and Thousand Island dressing.

I tried a local Jewish deli version of a Reuben and it was not up to par for a Jewish deli.

Honored Contributor

Had Arby's just last night for dinner with their limited mac n cheese.  It had been way toooooo long.  Love hot pastrami with any type mustard the best.  Does not hurt to add some sauerkraut with it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I love a good Italian sandwich and believe me I have eaten more than my share.  When moving here to VT to be close to my son and grandkids, he is a chef and took me to one of his chef friends deli.  This was hands down the best ever Italian I have ever had!  His friend calls me "mom" and competed on the TV show "Guys Grocery Games" and took second.  This place is a gem and sells all sorts of home made food and drink.  Love it!

Morse Block Deli - Picture of Morse Block Deli, Barre - Tripadvisor

Respected Contributor

@cookie16 Nothing better than a pp&j!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grilled sandwich: Smoked turkey on pumpernickel with Coleslaw, Russian (or thousand island) dressing and melted Swiss... Serve it to me with a side of steak fries and I'll be ever so grateful... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...