I bought the Cook Esisential's Air Fryer. I was dissappointed in the receipe booklet that it's so limited. However it is just a booklet.

Looking for suggestions on how to use this in frying chicken leg/theigh pieces with bone. Not seeing anything but chicken fingers. Any suggestions?

There is just 2 of us. Thouht this would be great, however if I'm not going to be using this more than for chicken fingers, french fries. I'm beginning to wonder. Yet the recipies are so limited. Have never had even a deep fryer always fried chicken in a deep fry pan. Help!

Honored Contributor

I just mentioned on another thread that I've had success by going to Google and entering whatever I want to cook and Air Fryer in the search bar and reading the results.

Here's a report on fried chicken, including her trials and errors and what she did to get it right: http://gazette.com/eat-well-air-fryer-lets-you-make-guilt-free-fried-food-quickly/article/1542369

Here are 10 things one reviewer made in an air fryer for some ideas. She did not include directions, though: http://www.iatemywaythrough.com/2011/05/10_things_ive_cooked_in_the_philips_airfryer/

Last month I wanted to make roasted Brussels sprouts in my air fryer, so I Googled Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer and got this: http://www.epicuricloud.com/blog/2013/10/4/the-brussels-sprouts-you-will-fight-over

Marilyn says she has a cookbook on the way in the fall and I'm very much looking forward to that. In the meantime, Google has been great, but I know it's not for everyone. I told my parents not to get an air fryer until the cookbook is out because I know my tech-averse mom would be livid over the idea of having to search recipes online.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh, and I just checked Amazon and they have quite a few air fryer cookbooks already available! 

Super Contributor

The beginning of the booklet has a guide.  A chicken breast is 8 minutes at 290 and then an addition 6 minutes at 360.  I assume you know that you can only put in breaded chicken and nothing with a batter.  Also on Pintrest people have posted recipes.

Honored Contributor

Allison Waggoner on Evine Live has written a hard-back book on air frying.  She somewhat of an airhead so I don't know how good a book it is but it's a possibility.  There doesn't seem to be much available.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I pre ordered Meridith ( I think her name is) book coming out in the fall on our air fryer in the Kindle Version. Looking forward to that.

Honored Contributor

I found this recipe online. It looks really good. I have not tried the recipe. Remember the temp is in celius. 180°C = 356°F

Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken

Buttermilk marinade makes the chicken stay juicy and tender. I marinated the chicken thighs overnight, and coated with flavorful breading. Placed in the fryer basket, 8 minutes skin side up, and 10 minutes on second side. The chicken turned out great.  Outside is crispy and golden,  inside is tender and juicy. My children told me that this air-fried chicken taste better than what they had in most restaurants!

http://littlejoyfactory.blogspot.com/2014/08/air-fried-buttermilk-chicken.html

AIR-FRIED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN

Ingredients

800g store-bought chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)

Marinade

• 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( I used paprika powder) 

Seasoned Flour

• 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon paprika powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Rinse chicken thighs to remove any obvious fat and residue,  and pat dry with paper towels. 
  2. Toss together chicken pieces, black pepper, paprika and salt in a large bowl to coat. Pour buttermilk over until chicken is coated. Refrigerated for at least 6 hours or overnight.
  3. Preheat airfryer at 180°C = 356°F
  4. In separate bowl,combine flour, paprika and salt and pepper. Remove the chicken 1 piece at a time from the buttermilk and dredge in seasoned flour. Shake off any excess flour and transfer to a plate.
  5. Arrange chicken one layer on the fryer basket, skin side up*,  and slide the basket into the airfryer. Set timer and air fry for 8 minutes. Pull out the tray, turn chicken pieces over, and set timer for another 10 minutes.
  6. Allow to drain on paper towels and serve.

Note:
Place the chicken pieces with skin side up first is to prevent the skin from sticking to the basket when flip over the chicken.

air_fried_buttermilk_chicken.jpg

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because

Trusted Contributor

yuou may want to check with your local library to see if they have any cookbooks for airfyers.  i know that the one at which i work does.  it is best to check it out there and then you can decide if it is worth buying or not.