Honored Contributor

APRICOT & ROSEMARY GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN

I got this recipe out of a cookbook called Balanced.  It was very good so thought I would share.

1/4 cup + 1 t olive oil
2 pounds pork tenderloin, silver skin removed
1/2 cup dried apricots soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
10 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves pulled off stem
2 T low-sodium tamari
1/4 t sea salt
1/4 t black pepper

Preheat oven 350.  Grease shallow baking dish with 1 t olive oil.  Place tenderloin in dish.

In a food processor combine apricots, garlic, rosemary, tamari, sea salt, black pepper and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.  Pulse until consistency of thick jam (you don't want to see any visible rosemary).  Use a dampened spatula to evenly coat the tenderloins with apricot mixture.  

Roast tenderloins for 30 minutes or until meat therm. reads between 150 and 160 in the thickest part of the tenderloin (start checking at 25 minutes).

Allow tenderloins to rest 10 minutes before slicing.  

I was out of tamari so I used low sodium soy sauce.  I made sandwiches out of left overs (10 seconds in microwave to take the chill off the slices but not over cook).  

Honored Contributor

Re: APRICOT & ROSEMARY GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN

@DiAnne Sounds yummy.  Cooking meat with a fruit always makes it tender.  At Christmas time my brother in law makes a dish using pork and prunes.  I always look forward to it.

Honored Contributor

Re: APRICOT & ROSEMARY GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN

@DiAnne ...sounds like a good recipe! Thanks!  I appreciate your note about substituting soy sauce for tamari.  I will do that too as I don't usually have tamari on hand.