Honored Contributor

update on Instant Pot chili recipe

I made the recipe I posted about here awhile ago, yesterday, and it was very good!!  Have never been able to make a decent chili--just can't seem to figure it out but this was so good. I have a 3qt IP so only did 1/2 the recipe and used the chili/beans cycle--never did that before either---even DD,  who is not a chili person, thought it was tasty---Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

Re: update on Instant Pot chili recipe

Thanks for the update on the recipe, I've wanted to try chili in the  IP and with fall and football just around the corner this will be great!  I'll look the recipe up and try it soon.

Honored Contributor

We eat a lot of chili!  And we make it on the stovetop or IP either.  By far and away our favorite it the chili made from Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm Chili kit.

It comes in separate packs for each spice, so I measured it out and now just add my own spice, which is cheaper in the long run and I always have the ingredients on hand.

I would post the amounts, but my version now isjust the list because I've done it so long.

But it's nice because you can make it as hot as you wnt or as salty as you want.  I think it's just about the perfect way to make chili!  

Honored Contributor

The nice thing is that chili freezes so beautifully, you can always have some on hand.  Freeze some small containers for use on chili dogs. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment